DevFuse Forums

Anti-Warez Measures

Michael

• Management

As more and more IPB resources sites have introduced tougher measures to fight against warez I've noticed an increase in the number of warez users signing up here. If you use warez or are associated with warez in anyway your not welcome here.

IP.Board forum urls will now be required when signing up, I want to start off this way as to not penalize existing members who follow the law and work hard to provide themselves with IPB legally. I'll be reviewing what extra is needed in the future, whether it's the InvisionModding or InvisionTweaks model.

I apologize to the members who follow the law if this is an inconvenience to you in anyway, I've decided on this way so it doesn't require too much waiting or review. I'll leave the debates of socioeconomic status and moral issues to others.

• Management
yeah i totaly agreed and i m updated my board URL u can check that but it will be more great its not showing in public because of privacy thanks

Forgot to mention, yes only admins and mods will be able to view your url.

I dont have my IPB but I-m member on lot of communitys and sites with IPB, SMF !

I dont own site but works in legal company like Administrator and is it problem if i put that link but its web site not IPB ! I dont wont to be punished but i really dont have IPB site and dont have time for lead some sites but i love to learn about Vbulleten, IPB, SMF .... etc and learn about tham !

And also agree that warez not welcome i dont like warez also !

Edited by Nightwisher

• Management
I dont have my IPB but I-m member on lot of communitys and sites with IPB, SMF !

I dont own site but works in legal company like Administrator and is it problem if i put that link but its web site not IPB ! I dont wont to be punished but i really dont have IPB site and dont have time for lead some sites but i love to learn about Vbulleten, IPB, SMF .... etc and learn about tham !

And also agree that warez not welcome i dont like warez also !

Right now it's not a requirement for existing members. That's not to say these rules will be tougher in the future.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

As more and more IPB resources sites have introduced tougher measures to fight against warez I've noticed an increase in the number of warez users signing up here. If you use warez or are associated with warez in anyway your not welcome here.

Only way to do it.. I have no use for any Warez products, and I've seen a lot of sites.

IP.Board forum urls will now be required when signing up, I want to start off this way as to not penalize existing members who follow the law and work hard to provide themselves with IPB legally. I'll be reviewing what extra is needed in the future, whether it's the InvisionModding or InvisionTweaks model.

no problem..

I apologize to the members who follow the law if this is an inconvenience to you in anyway, I've decided on this way so it doesn't require too much waiting or review. I'll leave the debates of socioeconomic status and moral issues to others.

No apologize needed..If you want a good site, then follow the rules.."No Warez"

Edited by Oldcrow

• Management

well i have stopped uploading to sites until wares sites are out the picture because so far i know of 1 user on this site running a warez site

Report them and I'll take a look. I don't think you'll find a site without warez people, I've come across IPB customers who use/share warez.

Report them and I'll take a look. I don't think you'll find a site without warez people, I've come across IPB customers who use/share warez.

i am not really bothered about share warez i offer anti-virus, adobe, flash player on my site its illegal warez im talking about is the 1 i just reported