DevFuse Forums

Site Improvement Ideas

Paul

We are always looking at new ideas to improve the site, and bring new features to our members.

If you have any ideas then please post them and we will have a look. Please also let us know how we are doing good or bad!

Paul

• 1 month later...

Let people edit their posts :lol: Now they can edit only last post. That is quite irritating :( :blink:

Isn't that a bit too less? Because some people now will get dubbleposts or more...

Wel.... Some people wants to edit to let people know that it's solved. Why not just give an unlimited time for edits?

• Management
What am i missing here ?

why people are not able to edit their posts whenever they want.. just curious to know the reason

I originally added it to stop members from editing there post soon after with "nevermind" and similar posts. But would also be handy if for whatever reason an angry member wanted to edit there posts weeks or months after with spam or nonsense. I have since relaxed the restrictions considerably and this restriction only applies to the Members group and a much lesser restriction for the Premium Members group.

I also find this setting of IPB 2.3.x (Can't edit posts after x time) very useful on a big board. I put it to 120 min...

For this reason :

But would also be handy if for whatever reason an angry member wanted to edit there posts weeks or months after with spam or nonsense.

;)

Else, You need a mod that lets you see edit logs.

I have set the time on my board to 15 minutes. If a member posts something that prompts a flurry of responses, it is ridiculous to allow them to go back in and alter it after there are replies.

I would prefer to have the rule, no edit allowed once a response has been made as opposed to a time limit. Ssome combination would be acceptable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Personally I find the forum just fine "as is", everything is easy to find and well located unlike some places where you seem to go in circles to find the info you need.

On the allowed edit time, I fully see where Michael is coming from and if you cant edit you simply add a post explaing for example " I have solved this problem" or whatever and the guys here will sort it out for you without giving you grief for double posting etc.

So I am happy as it is and enjoy catching up on other peoples tips and the expert help I have always recieved here :thumbsup:

• Management

why you dont install all your paid products here? maybe interesting for user to test all feature......

I've been only installing mods I have use for. E.G devfuse.com/forums/videos/ , devfuse.com/forums/donate/

A demo is available on request but as the mods are still being upgraded, I won't have a dedicated board for a while.

I think the skin "Pure" from http://www.invisions...ing.com/forums/ would go awesome on this site.

I've still got a few more changes needed to the website before can install another skin but I haven't forgotten about this, just too busy with modding to update the actual website. I'll be setting aside a week in the next several weeks where I just work on the website and hopefully add all these suggestions then.

• 1 year later...
  • Management

Looks like there is something wrong here in this site... Bug Tracker button is not there anymore under some section. Some shows but when you click you get "Sorry, we couldn't find that!"

???

Should be back up now, was working on a bug in the tracker.

• 11 years later...

Moving on a budget? We've got you covered! Our affordable packers and movers services in Mumbai deliver unmatched quality at unbeatable prices. With a focus on reliability and customer satisfaction, we offer efficient packing, safe transportation, and timely delivery. Experience a seamless move without breaking the bank. Contact us now!