DevFuse Forums

[Discussion] Random Banner Modification

Michael

• Management

This discussion topic was created so anyone with ideas regarding development of a Random Logo/Banner modification could express themself. The "random logo" is a much requested feature among IP.Board users, but right now the only options available are 3rd party javascript and php solutions, that are really messy when it comes to integration with IP.Board and requires moderate knowledge of the forum admins.

Development is finished, product can be found here: http://www.devfuse.com/products/random-logos/

If this can do a random scroll that can be clicked on and link (in a new window) to that particular site then that would be good.... as a fancy addition, stats as the number of clicks would be great!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried to upload a new banner using the add logo and edit logo; I got this error:

Image file size to big. Maximum image file size allowed is KB. Please notify the board administrator of this problem.

the image I am trying to upload is 104kb and is 1000x140

also on the (default skin) I only use one skin on my ipb so I made the edit there vs the default selection. It shows the random logo pics correctly.

edit:

I manually uploaded the image using my ftp client and edited the height and width and it works.

Edited by HAMBONE0

one suggestion for now on changing the mouse over for the banner from saying "random_logo" make it say something different, not so generic. Maybe, "Random Logo Mod for IPB by DevFuse" or include instructions of changing this to say what the user wants.

• Management
one suggestion for now on changing the mouse over for the banner from saying "random_logo" make it say something different, not so generic. Maybe, "Random Logo Mod for IPB by DevFuse" or include instructions of changing this to say what the user wants.

You sure it's a mouse over action? There is only an alt text for this, no title text at all. Either way you can control the alt text by Editing the Logo and changing "Alt Text" to your choosing.