DevFuse Forums

[Suggestions] Collections

Chris59

Hello!

I would like to make some suggestion to make this app even better ...

Lets say my collections is different items like Cars and motorcycles and want to fill in with fields on the maintab.
I would like to see you can choose on the category view an option you can have an option what fields I want just for that category. 
i want to make one tab-Vehicles withs fields just for cars and one tab ex with vehicles with fields just for motorcycles in that category you choose ..

I would also see my old suggestion about wishlist to come back and when you add one item to wishlist you also lets say when you have buy new item for your wishlist and mount it you can move the wishlist item to your modifications list when its done for your vehicle or have enhanced modifikation list with more option for the modification.

Hope it make sense and sorry for my poor English ;) 

• Management

Per category custom fields is definitely going to be added in a future update. I'll have to make sure it supports the existing setup, so I'm thinking of just adding an option into the custom field to choose which categories to appear in.

Regarding the wishlist suggestion, does the "mark item" feature work for this in anyway?

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 12:32 PM, RocketFoot said:

@Michael What is the Mark Item button for?  I have messed around with it but I can't see anything happen when I click it on any vehicles??

@Michael Sorry...this is really buggin me!  I can't figure out what Mark Vehicle does??

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management
On 10/23/2020 at 8:51 PM, RocketFoot said:

@Michael Sorry...this is really buggin me!  I can't figure out what Mark Vehicle does??

It should add a little "Members Marked" box below the item listing that shows member who have marked a vehicle. It's from a custom request and basically allows members to mark if they own a particular item.

6 hours ago, Michael said:

It should add a little "Members Marked" box below the item listing that shows member who have marked a vehicle. It's from a custom request and basically allows members to mark if they own a particular item.

Yeah, I can mark vehicles but it doesn't seem to do anything once marked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management
On 11/6/2020 at 11:08 PM, RocketFoot said:

Yeah, I can mark vehicles but it doesn't seem to do anything once marked.

Are you using the latest version because it should display a little "members marked" section below the item information.

On 11/17/2020 at 2:41 AM, Michael said:

Are you using the latest version because it should display a little "members marked" section below the item information.

I see it now!  I thought that was the members browsing section at first glance, LOL!!  Seems redundant due to the like/react system, though??

Edited by RocketFoot

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management
On 11/18/2020 at 10:08 PM, RocketFoot said:

I see it now!  I thought that was the members browsing section at first glance, LOL!!  Seems redundant due to the like/react system, though??

It was a custom request and was easier just to leave in place. ;)