DevFuse Forums
Michael

IP.Board 4.2 Updates

He is, just come back here to report if anything is going wrong

But to be honest and from a person who already runs 4.2 Beta 4

I would wait for each of his apps and plugins to be updated......

I waited for his updates, and so far all works fluently with 4.2...but this is AFTER @Michael has updated the app you use!

2 hours ago, hellreturn said:

Anyone tried donations? I am about to upgrade it and so far nothing has been mentioned about it. I am gonna be brave soul and trying to update from 3.4.x to 4.2. beta, assuming Michael is watching if anything goes bad :) 

I only briefly looked at it and didn't notice any major issues with beta 2. But Donations will be one of the next updated, mostly to fix a backlog of bugs that have built up over the last few months.

4 hours ago, Michael said:

I only briefly looked at it and didn't notice any major issues with beta 2. But Donations will be one of the next updated, mostly to fix a backlog of bugs that have built up over the last few months.

Tried and it worked. Now old bugs, I am not aware of but upgrade from IPS 3.4.x was smooth. Thank you for the updates. Now need to follow up and find my old new feature suggestions :) Cheers!

Update - Few upgrade errors i see in system log - 

Error (1060) Duplicate column name 'g_dt_moderate_donations': addColumn ["core_groups",{"name":"g_dt_moderate_donations","type":"TINYINT","length":1,"null":false,"default":0,"unsigned":true}]

Error (1060) Duplicate column name 'g_dt_send_donations': addColumn ["core_groups",{"name":"g_dt_send_donations","type":"TINYINT","length":1,"null":false,"default":1,"unsigned":true}]

The Hold Validating Members plugin has been updated for IP.Board 4.2.x.

On 04/07/2017 at 10:11 AM, MrOneall said:

any way videos can get its own custom block widget for featured videos, instead of the one that's only on the front page of the app??

Yes but I want to get everything updated before I look into new features.