DevFuse Forums

Videos System responsiveness

irafa

Hello,

I am beginning to use the videos system app and I have found that the videos are not responsive, so when a mobile user is watching a video, this alters the size of the window and the resolution because its size is not adjustable to the mobile screen.

On the other hand; I would like to know if there is a possibility to unable the visualization of thumbnails or images of videos, when browsing in the index of the videos system app or when browsing in a category. I wonder this, because I have to add a lot of videos from youtube and it is a hard work to choose an image for each video, and if I do not upload an image, the app shows a black box for each video that has not an image uploaded (I have attached an image of this problem).

Thanks in advance,

Rafa.

EDIT:  This all happens if you upload the video through the embed code option; if you do this with a URL of a video, both, the image problem and the responsiveness problems, disappear. So for me, it is ok, I have no problems.

post-19311-0-85227800-1436525099_thumb.png

Edited by irafa

• Management

EDIT:  This all happens if you upload the video through the embed code option; if you do this with a URL of a video, both, the image problem and the responsiveness problems, disappear. So for me, it is ok, I have no problems.

Do you still need this to work with embed option? It might be possible to alter the template to adjust the embed code as well to make it responsive.

Regarding thumbnails, I'm not sure what your after here. Do you want to disable them all together?

I am working through the URL upload (Youtube); so I do not need responsiveness for the embed option, so far; although i think it would be fine to have this in the future versions of this mod. If we upload videos through the URL option, it generates an image from the video for the thumbnail; so, in this way I have no problems with thumbnails neither.

Thanks,

Rafa.