DevFuse Forums

Videos System Update Path Question

YouChew

Hello,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section. I'm currently running a rather old version of the Videos System (v2.2.1) as it was working just fine for our needs.  I am also preparing for the update to IPS 4.0 and will of course need to update to the 4.0 compatible version of the Videos System when that is released.  Will it be possible to update straight from v2.2.1 when that time comes? Or would it be better if I renew now and update to the latest 3.4 compatible version before I update my site to IPS 4.0? Or is there a better option out there?

Thanks!

• Management

There will be legacy support for just about every version. But ideally you would want to run the upgrade from the latest IPB 3.4 version as that has been tested quite a bit more.

I would recommend first running a test upgrade with a duplicate of your forum and videos database. You can also request me to do the upgrade for you in the client centre if needed.