DevFuse Forums

Auto Welcome

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management
On 12/19/2017 at 9:33 PM, [USRF]Sledge said:

Bad thing is we like to get a post in a topic (new topic is not working either). Any ideas?

A few quick things that the code itself checks when creating new topics:

1. Forums app is enabled.
  2. Did you set any forum before selecting the "Add reply" option?
  3. If using the topic author setting, make sure is a valid member.

On 12/28/2017 at 4:32 AM, Michael said:

A few quick things that the code itself checks when creating new topics:

1. Forums app is enabled.

Yes

1. Did you set any forum before selecting the "Add reply" option?

Yes

1. If using the topic author setting, make sure is a valid member.

Yes (it is myself)

Above question are kind of supported by my previous posted screenies.
The Mod works for email and PM, but not for a topic reply. I can't see any reason.

Is there any more info I can supply you with to debug? Thanks again.

• Management
On 1/3/2018 at 7:35 PM, [USRF]Sledge said:
  1. Did you set any forum before selecting the "Add reply" option?

Yes

This one is very important to double check. Can you create a test account with new topics set in the auto welcome app and then change back to an existing topic. If still not working, let me know and will give some php edits for you to test.

16 hours ago, Michael said:

This one is very important to double check.

Okay, I disabled everything and started over from scratch, enabled the topic settings one by one.
Surprisingly the mod now does post a new topic (with myself as topic starter). But adding a post to an existing topic is still a no go. But there is some progress.

Tried to add a post to both https as http (http will be forwarded to https). Tried both with and without trailing slash on the url.

• Management
8 hours ago, [USRF]Sledge said:

Surprisingly the mod now does post a new topic (with myself as topic starter). But adding a post to an existing topic is still a no go. But there is some progress.

I ran into a few issues with another app of mine when it came to loading a topic through a url. I might have to make the same change here and adjust it to use the topic id instead.

I assume you've got ftp access to your files and don't mind testing this new code for me? (Just a few file edits)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Management
40 minutes ago, lbarragan said:

Will this be updated for 4.3?

The latest version should (99.999%) be compatible with IPB 4.3 was well. I will still be coming out with another update that confirms this 100% and also includes a few more bug fixes in the coming weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Management
On 3/26/2019 at 11:52 AM, hellreturn said:

I enabled the status update and after that this user joined and he has no welcome message on status update -  

Are you using the latest versions of IPB and Auto Welcome app? Does that member have status updates enabled? If by default status updates are disabled for new members, the auto welcome app detects that and prevents a status update being posted.

On 3/27/2019 at 9:44 PM, Michael said:

Are you using the latest versions of IPB and Auto Welcome app? Does that member have status updates enabled? If by default status updates are disabled for new members, the auto welcome app detects that and prevents a status update being posted.

Yes both are latest versions. Status updates are enabled.  Please see below screenshot. I am unable to figure out the issue. 

image.thumb.png.3b75b4a862c5bc690c863b027bf55ae9.png

• Management
On 4/2/2019 at 11:40 AM, hellreturn said:

Yes both are latest versions. Status updates are enabled.  Please see below screenshot. I am unable to figure out the issue. 

Just to confirm, they are enabled by default for new signups? What do you have for the following?

Q9ZcWYL.png

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2019 at 7:32 PM, Michael said:

Just to confirm, they are enabled by default for new signups? What do you have for the following?

Q9ZcWYL.png

image.thumb.png.5f5593e40080b6a8efde9da6b0e7d5f4.png

Definitely need some of your magic to get it working... i have it enabled by default.  it was always enabled by default. 

Edited by hellreturn

• Management
17 hours ago, hellreturn said:

Definitely need some of your magic to get it working... i have it enabled by default.  it was always enabled by default. 

Can you let me know the exact version of IPB your using and I'll double check first. Failing that, I will probably need board and ftp access to troubleshoot further.