DevFuse Forums

Auto Welcome

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If a member joins using twitter or facebook it generates a welcome topic with their guid then once they complete registration and assign themselves a username it generates a new thread. I have the latest version. I'm running the latest version of IPB 4.1

Edited by deatth

• 2 months later...

Hi Michael,

I've recently installed your application on IPB4.1. It does send out welcome PMs (I tried it with a few accounts I created myself) but test as I might, the welcome PMs don't trigger Notifications. They just sit there, waiting to be discovered. So if a new member don't click the inbox, they will never know there's a PM.

Is this how it's supposed to work?

I think I have notifications set up to sound on receiving a PM.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q279/silentv113/notifications.jpg

• Management

I've recently installed your application on IPB4.1. It does send out welcome PMs (I tried it with a few accounts I created myself) but test as I might, the welcome PMs don't trigger Notifications. They just sit there, waiting to be discovered. So if a new member don't click the inbox, they will never know there's a PM.

That is unfortunately a known issue in some cases. I haven't got a fix for this yet but will be taking a look next update.

• 3 months later...

IPS 4.1.14 

1C133/9[/size] The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.[/size]

Update: unzip and upload over ftp - and setup over /admin/upgrade

Edited by aus.asc

• 2 months later...
  • Management

Just wondering if you are using a different version of this plugin here? I noticed you were able to leave the conversation and a notification worked for it. Something that has been giving me problems on my 4.1.16.1 install.

The IPB 3.4 version is used here and does work a little different to the IPB 4 version. The IPB4 version should hopefully receive an update in the next couple of weeks.

• 5 weeks later...

Is there a way to set this up to pull custom profile fields?

Specifically, here's what I'm looking at:

I am an administrator for a gaming forum in a multi-game community that requires new users to select their game (that we support) upon registration, and we use auto-welcome to notify our mods that new member has joined, but this does not directly tell which game they selected in their profile upon registration, meaning they have to take additional steps to see if a new user is specific to their area.

Is it possible to have it set up to pull this field similar to how it can pull the join date and member name for auto-messages or auto-posts created by such?

In my example, our current auto-post in the moderator forum pulls the following:

Member Name: %member_name%

Member Join Date: %joined_date%

Profile Link: %profile_link%

I'd think it'd be pretty awesome if it could be set up to also do something like:
Game: %division%

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Management

The Auto Welcome app has been updated with IP.Board 4.2.x compatibility and several more bug fixes. Full list of changes below

1. IP.Board 4.2.x compatibly update.
  2. Status updates should now use author set.
  3. Support for Chatbox has been added.
  4. The %topic_link% quick tag should work in non topic alerts now.
  5. Option to send as system pm added to prevent inbox filling up of sender.
  6. New %member_link% added that is a mention style link to member joining.
  7. Dev warning for "non-abstract" should be fixed.
  8. Support for social media signups improved.

• 4 months later...
  • Management
On 12/12/2017 at 7:45 AM, [USRF]Sledge said:

Installation works well, but if I try to post a welcome nothing happens ...ever ... (tried a lot over time by now)

First off, would recommend v2.5.0 if using IPB 4.2. Secondly after you've setup your Auto Welcome settings, do you get any alerts when manually adding a member?

Thank you for your reply Michael!

We've got v2.5.0 installed. No errors, no nothing. 

Made some screenshots for you (1 month available from now)

https://screenshots.firefox.com/0R3ADsSAk1dIxV5R/www.dampforum.nu
https://screenshots.firefox.com/Vko1N3xfFpsdeOgx/www.dampforum.nu
https://screenshots.firefox.com/lkr1vF9iYtXwgAU1/www.dampforum.nu
https://screenshots.firefox.com/UYxtzVXN3IrVRW4K/www.dampforum.nu

Basic and straight forward as you can see. Just because you suggested, I signed up a dummy user from separate browser, no errors (level 2) showing.