DevFuse Forums

Auto Welcome

Michael

If you've got an email validation setup then it will send out a welcome alert once a user is validated. If you've got no email validation setup, then it will send out a welcome alert as soon as the member completes the registration.

So I should or shouldn't be receiving anything from Auto Welcome?

• Management

So I should or shouldn't be receiving anything from Auto Welcome?

Member signs up and has to validate email = Welcome alert being sent out after the email address is validated.

Member signs up and does NOT have to validate their email = Welcome alert being sent out straight after they sign up.

I assume you've currently got the email validation enabled? Is it just user or user and admin validation?

Member signs up and has to validate email = Welcome alert being sent out after the email address is validated.

Member signs up and does NOT have to validate their email = Welcome alert being sent out straight after they sign up.

I assume you've currently got the email validation enabled? Is it just user or user and admin validation?

The system sends me an email to notify me that a new user has Registered.

When I log into my account there is a pending PM , and opening that message I get the attached:

post-19037-0-38351600-1429788824_thumb.png

• Management

The system sends me an email to notify me that a new user has Registered.

When I log into my account there is a pending PM , and opening that message I get the attached:

I assume the "Morpheus" user is set as the PM sender? If so then that looks correct. I don't believe you can send "system" messages anymore without a sender.

When members change their email address it prompts a new welcome message.  Is this a setting I missed?

That's with v2.4.1?

Edit: It looks like the email change might run through the member validate as well. I've logged a bug report and will see if I can provide a patch in the meantime.

That's with v2.4.1?

Yes

Application Title Auto Welcome Current Version 2.4.1 (100002) Author Mike John  Installed 12 March

Edit: It looks like the email change might run through the member validate as well. I've logged a bug report and will see if I can provide a patch in the meantime.

Thank you

• Management

Any updates?

The problem I'm having is that the code I'm running is done after the account is already validated. So I have no easy way to distinguish between new account or email validations. I'm going to try and hook into the validate function itself.

• Management

Sorry to say, but someone changed their email and a welcome message was generated.

Can you confirm the latest update was installed properly. Open the applications/autowelcome/hooks/ folder and check that it contains the validatehook.php file.

Can you confirm the latest update was installed properly. Open the applications/autowelcome/hooks/ folder and check that it contains the validatehook.php file.

I just checked and it is there.

//<?php
/**
 * @package		Auto Welcome
 * @author		<a href='http://www.devfuse.com'>DevFuse</a>
 * @copyright	(c) 2015 DevFuse
 */

class autowelcome_hook_validatehook extends _HOOK_CLASS_
{
	/**
	 * Validate
	 * @return	void
	 */
	public function validate()
	{
        /* Keep record if email validation */
		try
		{
			$record = \IPS\Db::i()->select( '*', 'core_validating', array( 'vid=? AND member_id=? AND email_chg=?', \IPS\Request::i()->vid, \IPS\Request::i()->mid, 1 ) )->count();

if( $record )
            {
                \IPS\Data\Store::i()->emailVal = 1;
            }

}
		catch ( \UnderflowException $e ){} 
        catch ( \RuntimeException $e ){} 	   

/* Carry on */               
		return call_user_func_array( 'parent::validate', func_get_args() );
	}

}

• Management

Can you uninstall and then install the latest version again? Just to make sure there are no issues with applications upgrades. I'm just testing again and I'm not able to reproduce this yet.

• Management

OK, so as I mentioned I have a fairly active site, but not many new people.

One person requested a new password today and that triggered the Welcome messages.

I will need to update the hook slightly then. Has the email validation issue been fixed after you re-installed again?