DevFuse Forums

Auto Welcome

Michael

• Management

Auto Welcome

View File

To put it simply, it welcomes newly registered members. It will welcome them with an optional personal message, email or topic alert. From there you can further customize each pm, email or topic message, the subject / title and so on. It also has the ability to welcome members that are added manually through the Admin CP.

Keep up to date with DevFuse mod development and releases.
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss

Hi,

I found two issues with this mod.  I have a member who's been on the site for a year, and I just got a welcome post for them.  Also, the message isn't correct, it didn't use their username in the post.

Thanks

Here is what was posted:

Hello Scott in MN,

Welcome to Square Wheels Cycling. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Scott in MN joined on the 03/27/2014.

5c8190a15d967ad106ff4306e95401c8

• Management

I found two issues with this mod.  I have a member who's been on the site for a year, and I just got a welcome post for them.  Also, the message isn't correct, it didn't use their username in the post.

Can you take a screenshot of your settings for the topics?

Update, the user said they forgot their password and used the forgot password link, they did not update their email, just their password.

Ok noted, will check.

I just noticed these errors in the log:

[Wed Mar 25 00:33:32.405825 2015] [:error] [pid 17065] [client x.x.x.x:53674] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'IPS\\Application' not found in /var/www/html/forum/applications/autowelcome/Application.php on line 14
[Wed Mar 25 13:12:07.644775 2015] [:error] [pid 4101] [client x.x.x.x:64158] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'IPS\\Application' not found in /var/www/html/forum/applications/autowelcome/Application.php on line 14
[Wed Mar 25 19:10:11.775570 2015] [:error] [pid 4102] [client x.x.x.x:41763] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'IPS\\Application' not found in /var/www/html/forum/applications/autowelcome/Application.php on line 14
[Thu Mar 26 01:08:55.982593 2015] [:error] [pid 14568] [client x.x.x.x:49370] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'IPS\\Application' not found in /var/www/html/forum/applications/autowelcome/Application.php on line 14

• Management

Has this mod been updated?

Not yet, I can't provide an ETA but it shouldn't be much longer.

I just noticed these errors in the log:

I'm using the standard code for the file, so leaning towards this being an IPB4 bug. But will take a look and see what I can find.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried importing the .tar archive into IPB 4.0 Gold several times but I keep getting:

A configuration or server error has occurred
EX2 Something went wrong. Please try again.

I'm getting this error as well.

• Management

error

Fatal error: Class 'PharData' not found in /home/larsasoft1/public_html/123456/********/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php on line 1168

What version are you using and what did you do to reproduce this error?

I'm not 100% sure to be honest. I tested with 4.0.0 at the time but it's possible that using the special translate field makes a difference here as well. When I get a chance I'll take a look again at this with 4.0.2 and then see if it's still an issue.

You mean just in the general note field or in the widget title?

Is this for the Auto Welcome app?

A PM is being sent to me with every registration from Auto Welcome. I turned it off because I'm being notified through the system when a new user registers. Is it supposed to work that way?

• Management

A PM is being sent to me with every registration from Auto Welcome. I turned it off because I'm being notified through the system when a new user registers. Is it supposed to work that way?

It should only send out to validated members. Are you using the latest version as it was recently updated to confirm validation before sending out an alert.

It should only send out to validated members. Are you using the latest version as it was recently updated to confirm validation before sending out an alert.

I just updated but I think I was using the latest. I have activated 'Send Welcome PM' and will see again. I'm assuming that I should not be receiving these welcome PM's when a new user validates?

• Management

I just updated but I think I was using the latest. I have activated 'Send Welcome PM' and will see again. I'm assuming that I should not be receiving these welcome PM's when a new user validates?

If you've got an email validation setup then it will send out a welcome alert once a user is validated. If you've got no email validation setup, then it will send out a welcome alert as soon as the member completes the registration.