DevFuse Forums

Donate Sidebar

Michael

• Management

Donate Sidebar

View File

Simple to configure plugin that adds a Paypal donation form to your sidebar. With the option to enter your own custom html donate code. Also includes group permissions as well as a percentage status bar of your donations based on an entered goal amount. For more features and the ability to track donations, you can find the Donations app here.

More information on copyright removal here.

Keep up to date with DevFuse mod development and releases.
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss

• 3 weeks later...

After installing the plugin, add it as an Widget, and it works. I'm now trying to change the header "Donate". I have went into the AdminCP, Selected Customizations, Localization, languages. I then selected Translation Tools, and turned on 'Quick Translating'.

Now I go to the main page, long click 'Donate' in the header of the plugin, it opens up to allow me to edit the header, and I add my changes but refuses to save with this error: 

post-19037-0-64647300-1427475470_thumb.png

I'm logged into the AdminCP, and the website.

Maybe you could add an option to edit the header in the plugin?

• Management

I have no problems editing the default IPB widget header.

Alright I've been able to reproduce this on plugin widgets but application widgets don't seem affected, hence why default widgets are working fine. Unless this is only happening to my plugins, this is most likely an IPB4 bug. Can you confirm the IPB4 version your using right now and I can pass this onto IPS as a bug report if you would like.

I'm not sure but I made a request on another plugin and he just added an option to the configuration. As far as I know 3rd party plugins have never been able to edit the header unless there is an option added to the widget. The IPB widgets have always been able to edit, and I'm on RC7a.

post-19037-0-47643400-1428015378_thumb.png

Edited by mesteele101

• Management

Still I don't see why it's not allowing a plugin widget modify the text as well. I've raised a bug report and will see what IPS says. But if this isn't a bug or you think it could be handy to edit the widget title from the settings as well, let me know and I can see about adding this feature next version.

• 2 weeks later...

After going into the AdminCP, Selected Customizations, Localization, languages, then selecting Translation Tools, and turning on 'Quick Translating'. I'm now able to edit the actual header on the main page by long clicking 'Donate' in the header of the plugin, it opens up to allow me to edit the header, and it is saved.

Not allowing the header in 4.0 to be edited may have been a bug and was resolved in 4.0.1, or it was because the option was added to the plugin?

Is there a way to add a PayPal icon to the text. I tried adding my code from my 3.4.7 Donate Sidebar, and it just displayed the text?

• Management

Not allowing the header in 4.0 to be edited may have been a bug and was resolved in 4.0.1, or it was because the option was added to the plugin?

Is there a way to add a PayPal icon to the text. I tried adding my code from my 3.4.7 Donate Sidebar, and it just displayed the text?

I'm not 100% sure to be honest. I tested with 4.0.0 at the time but it's possible that using the special translate field makes a difference here as well. When I get a chance I'll take a look again at this with 4.0.2 and then see if it's still an issue.

You mean just in the general note field or in the widget title?

It is sending a PM to me (admin) after every new user registers, Is this correct?

I thought it only sent to new users email, and to then in a PM to the new user on board?

Is this for the Auto Welcome app?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't seem to start a new topic and I'm not sure if sending in a ticket (which I did 3 days ago) is the best way to get support or not.   Is there a way to make the donation amounts (or at least the totals per user) invisible? As it is now if i turn on the donation tracker it adds up and shows EVERYONES totals, for one I know at least 2 users that would like to have their most recent donation shown but not the total. (plus a lot of other reasons I might want to keep this info private-ish)

• Management

I can't seem to start a new topic and I'm not sure if sending in a ticket (which I did 3 days ago) is the best way to get support or not

There should be a reply to that ticket now Troy.

• 1 month later...

The widget appears in my sidebar, but clicking on the "Edit" function while I am in Block Manager mode does nothing. (I get the popup with the spinner, but the popup never populates.)

Looking at the Firefox network inspector, I see a 500 is being returned from the server for this URL:

https://mysite/?app=core&module=system&controller=widgets&do=getConfiguration&csrfKey=be0a4c60a6ec497dc1043156b6171d65&block=app_core_donateWidget_sn413w218&pageApp=forums&pageModule=forums&pageController=index&pageArea=sidebar

Also I will note that this did not copy over settings from my IPS3 database, unlike the Sidebar Poll block. This is a minor annoyance only because there are many fields to carry over.

Edited by wohali

• Management

The widget appears in my sidebar, but clicking on the "Edit" function while I am in Block Manager mode does nothing. (I get the popup with the spinner, but the popup never populates.)

Also I will note that this did not copy over settings from my IPS3 database, unlike the Sidebar Poll block. This is a minor annoyance only because there are many fields to carry over.

It should really have that edit button removed until I add some settings in there, I've logged a bug report for this.

I can't help keep those settings now that you've upgraded but I will take another look and check that the IPB 3.4 upgrade path is still working.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

is any way i can disable Donation sidebar from guest view. My forum is private and I have a welcome page that tell us what we are and do with two links Get In and Join In. if you want read any content on my forum you must sign up but the Donation sidebar still there, i don't want to disable hooks to remove it because when we log in all the feature is not going to be visible for us members and advanced members.

Donation Tracker version is 3.1 and I'm running IPB 3.4.9

here you can see what I'm talk about http://domclan.info/forums/  I like to remove those sidebar from guest but with a option to see it when i log in.

Edited by gbytz

This is the support topic for the Donate Sidebar, you can get support for the Donation Tracker here.

I'm not the owner of the account. I just build that website so i have to ask thew owner to make that request.