DevFuse Forums
  • [Users Homepage]

Smurfmaster2000
    • Pending IP.Board Version: IP.Board 4.5.x

We've had some issues getting this working. We are on a fresh install of 4.5 and it installs apparently fine from the Marketplace, but trying to use the "customize the homepage" we get Page Not Found for the URL https://<sitename>/index.php?app=homepage

Even that aside though, just doing a mouse over atop the "Peek All" button it shows up as "forumStatus_peekallButton_title".

To troubleshoot we did the standard disabling all plugins in apps, clearing the site cache, and have tried several times. We also disabled all other languages added on as well. We also did the above steps along with taking that site off-line, getting to the point of installing, clearing the Apache logs, and installing and nothing there seems weird in the slightest. We also did the same thing clicking the "customize the homepage" on fresh logs and nothing weird at all there in terms of any HTTP errors. Nothing at all in the System Logs, and the Error Logs even at Level 5 show nothing. Our PHP file size limits and time-outs are higher than the defaults, but again there was no apparent issue with the actual "install" process.

Are you able to verify the current version through the Marketplace does indeed still install fresh on the latest 4.5.x version? Do you have any other suggestions as to what can be looked at? We really do want this app on our site as some of the users have specifically requested this feature.

Modifying the settings in AdminCP, and doing things like the Rebuild all appear to actually work. And the fields all show up properly within there as well (unlike the mouse over for the Peek All button).

When the site is set to Friendly URLs disabled, the Customer the Homepage button tries to open the following and fails to find it:
    https://tessorexia.com/index.php?app=homepage

When the site is set to Friendly URLs enabled, the Customize the Home buttons does find the right page:

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 11.23.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 1.14.43 AM.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Sorry, I accidentally submitted that before it was entered. I discovered the issue related to it not respecting the Friendly URLs setting as I was preparing the post, so all the troubleshooting I did prior to that was moot.

So it's just the Friendly URL issue, and the Peek Button issue that I can tell at this point.

Edited by Smurfmaster2000

• Management
    On 6/17/2021 at 6:11 PM, Smurfmaster2000 said:

Once I started playing around and made my first customization, this seemed to clear up the Peek button mouse over finally.

Just to confirm this is fixed now?

I'll still look into this as I put together the IPB 4.6 update.