DevFuse Forums
  • Unable to Make Forms with White Background and Black Type

Ken Grubb
    • Fixed IP.Board Version: IP.Board 4.4.x

In the form instructions section for setting up a form, it offers the choice of a white background. Which would imply a black font color.

But when I choose it, I get a black background and a white font.

In the next version, would you please fix this so I can have a white background with black font color when I choose the white background option?

Many thanks for this application, it's excellent!

Ken Grubb

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Management

It looks like by default the "no message" style is actually dark, so that's why the font color is white. You'll probably need to patch this manually.

Open acp > theme editor > form > front > logs > create

Find:

<div class='ipsMessage ipsMessage_{{if isset( $container->_options->rules_color )}}{expression="$container->_options->rules_color"}{{else}}info{{endif}}'>

Replace With:

<div class='ipsMessage ipsMessage_{{if isset( $container->_options->rules_color )}}{expression="$container->_options->rules_color"}{{else}}info{{endif}}' {{if isset( $container->_options->rules_color ) AND $container->_options->rules_color == 'none'}}style='color: #000;'{{endif}}>

Save.

Hi Michael,

Sorry I didn't catch this, I forgot to subscribe to this.

I added the patch as you explained. The background is now white, but the text is also still white.

Also, the form instructions have completely disappeared. Not just because of white text, the form instructions are completely gone. Have a look at the attached screenshot... There is supposed to be a few paragraphs of instructions (in black) above the form fields, but they're no longer there.

forms-screen-capture.png.thumb.jpg.215472800684bafe15a096fb94c277c4.jpg

Sorry Michael. I must have... because now I have a different effect.

I made the change again, then went to one of the forms and selected white for the background color, then clicked "Save."

Then I reloaded the form. The instructions have reappeared, but now the background is a dark grey and the text is black.

Note: The H2 headings are blue, since I have them set to be blue in custom.css, if that makes any difference.

Here's the code after I changed it, copy and pasted it below:

{{if \IPS\Dispatcher::i()->application->directory === 'form'}}
        <ul class="ipsToolList ipsToolList_horizontal ipsResponsive_hidePhone ipsClearfix">
            {{if member.group['g_fs_view_logs']}}
                <li class='ipsToolList_primaryAction'>
                    <a class="ipsButton ipsButton_medium ipsButton_important ipsButton_fullWidth" href="{url="app=form&controller=logs" seoTemplate="form_logs"}">
                        {lang="view_logs"}
                    </a>
                </li>
            {{endif}}
            {{if !settings.fm_require_form}}
                <li class='ipsToolList_primaryAction'>
                    <a class="ipsButton ipsButton_medium ipsButton_important ipsButton_fullWidth" href="{url="app=form&do=formlist" seoTemplate="form_list"}">
                        {lang="show_forms"}
                    </a>
                </li>
            {{endif}}
        </ul>
    {{endif}}

{{if \IPS\Dispatcher::i()->application->directory === 'form'}}
        {template="pageHeader" group="global" app="core" params="$container->_title"}
    {{else}}

{{endif}}

{{if $container->formTranslate( 'rules' )}}

<div class='ipsMessage ipsMessage_{{if isset( $container->_options->rules_color )}}{expression="$container->_options->rules_color"}{{else}}info{{endif}}' {{if isset( $container->_options->rules_color ) AND $container->_options->rules_color == 'none'}}style='color: #000;'{{endif}}>

{$container->formTranslate( 'rules', TRUE )|raw}
        </div> 
    {{endif}}

<div class='ipsBox ipsPad'>
        <div class='ipsType_normal ipsType_richText'>
            {$form|raw}
        </div>
    </div>

Here's the effect:

1805929589_Screenshot2021-04-01164726.thumb.png.894336becac4b2d23533b4035efdd257.png

• Management

Were there any customization to the template before you applied this change? Can you try reverting it and then see if it changes the font color? Otherwise you could change #000 to #fff to get a white font color.

• Management
    On 4/23/2021 at 3:18 PM, Ken Grubb said:

I reverted the template and tested, no change. Then I replaced the code, still no change. I'll send you a PM...

I'll reply soon but just in case you haven't already, I'll need admin and ftp login details.