Need custom work? Register your interest here.

Welcome to DevFuse Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to DevFuse Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of DevFuse Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Issue Information

• 0 - None Assigned

• Fixed

Issue Confirmations

• Yes (0)No (0)
Photo

Enable Images (global box) setting missing.

Posted by Pyros777 on 22 June 2010 - 01:02 PM

The setting:

Enable Images
Do you want included garages with no images from being listed? YES/NO

Is missing from 3.0.0

Until this can be addressed in a future version, is there a way to add this feature back in by using the "Add New Setting" button in the Admin CP?

Sorry for not catching this in RC1!

Thanks.

Updating status to: Confirmed

This was an oversight, this feature should be included. A file edit would be neccessary as a manual fix until the next version. That's quite a few file edits however, where exactly is this setting needed crucially, vehicle page, sidebar hook etc..?

I believe it is the global hook. The one that displays above the forum index, with the heading "Garage Vehicles". That is the only one that can be somewhat of an eyesore.

Edited by Pyros777, 23 June 2010 - 08:38 PM.

Ok bits of the code are still there but the query that gets the vehicle and images are not following it and of course the setting is removed. Here is a manual fix for the global block.

Open admin/applications_addon/other/garage/sources/functions.php

Find (all instances):
), ));

Replace With:
), "where" => "gi.thumb_location != ''" ));

Save admin/applications_addon/other/garage/sources/functions.php

This will skip vehicles without thumbnails for the global hook, portal, sidebar hook and random box.

Dammit thanks!! this really made the site look so much better.

Updating status to: Fixed
Issue fixed in: 3.0.1

Setting re-added and covers global, sidebar, portal, new and recently updated vehicles sections.

Perhaps this is an issue with IPB 3.1.4, but the new setting:

Skip vehicles with no images?
Prevents vehicles with no images uploaded from showing with the exception of the Browse Vehicles list.

Doesn't seem to work. I've tried toggling it on/off, performing hard refreshes, the edit from earlier in this thread, but vehicles with no images still appear in the global box.

Updating severity to: 0 - None Assigned
Updating status to: Awaiting Feedback
Updating version to: None
Issue fixed in: None

Can you try rebuilding Garage cache in Admin CP > My Apps dropdown > Garage System > Rebuild Cache.

Performed a rebuild, same result. Actually, I backed up my garage tables and removed/reinstalled the app completely before posting here. I then added a set of test vehicles: One without a pic, and the rest with a pic. The one with a pic still showed up randomly in the global box, so I just restored my tables back to normal.

These are my global box settings, FYI:

Show Global Box: YES
Show Global Box Where: Every Page
Global Box Order: Random Vehicles
Global Box Limit: 5

Also, the manual file edit you posted above is currently applied. I've tried it both ways to no avail though. Should I revert back to the old code?

Thanks!

Edit: Wait a sec, I thought I was on 3.0.2! Turns out I'm still on 3.0.1. I'm going to upgrade to the latest and see if the problem persists.

Edit edit: Upgraded to 3.0.2, reverted back to original functions.php code, rebuilt cache, hard refresh. Still seeing vehicles without images in the global box.

Edited by Pyros777, 31 March 2011 - 09:28 AM.

Ah hah, it seems to only affect the random and featured settings. When set to 'Latest Vehicles', it omits vehicles without images properly.

Is it possible to make it work for random images, or is there some limitation that would prevent that?

Edited by Pyros777, 31 March 2011 - 02:29 PM.

Updating status to: Confirmed
Updating version to: 3.0.2
Issue fixed in: None

Ah ok, well this should be re-confirmed then. I've been using the latest vehicles which is pulled from cache which already applies the no image skip. I've updated the client centre files so you don't need to wait for the next version for a fix. Just need to re-download then re-upload the admin folder files.

It worked! Thanks again Michael.

Updating status to: Fixed
Updating version to: 3.0.2
Issue fixed in: 3.0.3

0 user(s) are reading this issue

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users