Welcome to DevFuse Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to DevFuse Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of DevFuse Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

(View All Products)Featured Products

• Donations

Help fund your forum with donations, setup goals and track member donations. Offer rewards for members donating.
  • Timeslips

Have your members submit their race times and share with others.
  • Videos

Allows your members to submit their own videos for community viewing. Support is included for all the major video sites.
  • Forms

Build your own forms for your members without coding experience. Support included for pm, email and topics.
  • Collections

Build a community database of items for your members. Full features custom fields included.

Photo

IP.Board 4 Upgrade Status

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#81 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.4.x

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:56 PM

Just starting on the Garage importer now so Garage data can easily be imported into the Collections app. A bulk of the app is now completed with the importer left and topic/comment sync left as well.

#82 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:55 PM

The Garage importer is coming along nicely. I've got an ajax importer setup with multiple redirect support that will allow users to run the importer in the background.

#83 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:04 PM

A lot more progress in the Garage importer today. I'll soon be ready for some beta testing of existing Garage data for those willing to help there.

#84 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:57 PM

Garage importer is now 99% completed. I'm looking for Garage data to test it out in more detail. If anyone is able to help here, please PM me an sql export of all your garage database tables.

#85 JohnC

JohnC

• Customers
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:08 PM

Garage importer is now 99% completed. I'm looking for Garage data to test it out in more detail. If anyone is able to help here, please PM me an sql export of all your garage database tables.

I'm on GoDaddy shared hosting and have MySQL access. Tell me how to get the export and I'll send it to you. 

#86 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:51 PM

Further progress made today, with only these things left now:

• Finishing the IPB 3.4 upgrade for users of the IPB 3.4 Collections app.
  • Addition of make/model support into Collections app so Garage users will have existing functionality.
  • Modification of app urls after Garage import complete. So Garage users will have the same urls as the IPB 3.4 Garage did.
  • Further improvements to app language, so users can change text like Collections & Item to Garage & Vehicle or what ever there using the Collections app for.

Not guaranteed yet but I'm hoping to have the first beta ready at the end of this month.

#87 hawksfan

hawksfan

• Customers
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

You're awesome Michael. Keep up the good work. :)

#88 moneyExpert

moneyExpert

• Customers
  • 7 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 4.0.x

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:07 AM

We are waiting for completion of the work :)

#89 JohnC

JohnC

• Customers
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:50 AM

I PM'd what I think you needed via attachment. Let me know if that is correct. :)

I work 6:30pm-5am so our hours of being awake and online might differ, but I'll try to respond to you ASAP if you need more. 

Edited by JohnC, 20 August 2015 - 04:51 AM.

#90 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:07 PM

Application language setup is now complete. I've overhauled the whole thing to be a lot more flexible and allow easy customization within the admin cp. Users of different languages or Garage users will easily be able to change the terms to suit what they are using the Collections app for. Better phrase support is also included, so something like "Add a new item to here" will be stored as "Add a new %s to here" in the language files and allow more flexibility when editing the language files.

In the next several days I'll be merging the Garage licenses into Collections licenses. As long as you've got an active subscription to either, you'll be able to download the beta when it's ready. Extra instructions will be included in release for users of the IPB 3.4 Garage on how to upgrade and import their Garage data. Right now, it should just be a matter of installing the IPB 4 Collections app in your admin cp and then using the Importer to import your Garage data. The importer will modify your app language and urls automatically so the public will essentially see a Garage like before.

Attached File  appsetup.png   448.5KB   0 downloads

#91 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 06:04 PM

Garage importer will now modify the FURL automatically after import. I've just got to finish the IPB 3.4 upgrade routine and then should be ready for beta testing.

#92 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:21 PM

Make & model support now added into the Collections app, still working on IPB 3.4 upgrade support but should be complete tomorrow. I'll be looking to release Beta 1 the day after that.

#93 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:10 PM

Collections app is now 99% complete. Going to run a few more test upgrades, installs and Garage imports tomorrow and then if successful release the first beta into the client centre.

#94 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:02 PM

The Collections app is now available as beta 2 within the client centre and listed as an extra download. Do NOT use this on a live forum, only test within test boards until beta 3 arrives and I confirm there will be an upgrade path from beta 2 to beta 3.

Please open support tickets or report your bugs here. I'll be coming out with regular updates over the next few weeks, so make sure you always upgrade to the latest version before reporting a bug. Provided there are no major bugs, I'll be looking towards a final release within the next week or two.

Fresh Install

Instructions are included for a normal install.

Upgrade IPB 3.4 Collections

Instructions are included for a normal upgrade from IPB 3.4.

Upgrade from IPB 3.4 Garage.

Further instructions pending but for now, install a fresh version of the Collections app and then head to ACP > Collections > Application Setup. You'll see a prompt on how to import your Garage data from your database. This importer will clear any Collections data you already have. The importer can not be run at a later date after you've added or changed vehicles, so I would recommend you ensure that everything ran correctly before using the Garage. The importer will automatically alter collections language and urls to look and function as a Garage application.

#95 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:56 PM

Beta 3 of the Collections app is now available for download in the client centre. I've removed the notice regarding use on test forums only but would still recommend you have a full backup before upgrading or import Garage data.

#96 alexasigno

alexasigno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.0.x

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:04 AM

Will we be able to upgrade to the finished version from this beta? Cheers

#97 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:11 PM

Will we be able to upgrade to the finished version from this beta? Cheers

Yes a full upgrade path is now supported from beta 3. I would stress however to make full backups before upgrading.

#98 Safone

Safone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:23 PM

This is amazing!

#99 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:23 PM

Collections app has been updated to beta 4 and includes further improvements to the Garage importer and minor bug fixes.

#100 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:36 PM

Collections download temporarily disabled as I work on RC1, which is due next week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users