DevFuse Forums

IP.Board 4 Upgrade Status

Michael

• Management

Tried to install, got this.

I'm just rebuilding all my mods now to work with 4.0.0. I couldn't get to all of them yesterday but should have the birthday greeter updated some time today. I'll confirm here once it's done.

• Management

The following mods have been updated and confirmed to be working with 4.0.0. I've also taken them out of the beta process and they should be ok to upgrade from IPB 3.4 now.

• Auto Welcome
  • Donate Sidebar
  • Guest Message
  • Portal
  • Sidebar Poll
  • Birthday Greeter

The Timeslips, Forms and News applications will be available for beta in the client centre over the next several days. I just have to confirm IPB 3.4 upgrade support for them and then they will be ready for beta testing. The remaining Videos, Collections and Donations applications are expected to be completed within the next 4-5 weeks. I'll post further updates as they are closer to beta.

I'm just rebuilding all my mods now to work with 4.0.0. I couldn't get to all of them yesterday but should have the birthday greeter updated some time today. I'll confirm here once it's done.

Thank you, I installed it.  There are a couple of birthdays coming up, I'll let you know if there are any issues.

Can you adjust the "age range" setting and try again? By the way was this a fresh install or an upgrade from IPB 3.4?

Silly me, I thought leaving them both at 0 would simply disable that option and send to everyone.  I change it to 0 - 100.

I had it in my 3.4 board, but before I upgraded the board to 4.0.0 I uninstalled all mods, so I think it's a new install.

• Management

Silly me, I thought leaving them both at 0 would simply disable that option and send to everyone.  I change it to 0 - 100.

It should of added that on install but I've saved a bug report and will fix that up next version. I'll see if some kind of exclusion can be added to skip the setting all together.

• Management

I've just released the first beta for the Forms and Timeslip apps in the client centre. These apps are a lot more complex then the previous betas so only use if your comfortable using beta products and not on any critical forums.

• Management

OK, When I update the cutoff to 0 - 100 and click save, it reloads the page and shows 0 - 100.  Then when I leave the page and come back, it reverts back to 0 - 0.  There were two birthdays today, no message was posted.

Do the birthdays still appear in the "Todays Birthdays" widget for that day? If that's the case, then can you try enabling only the topic alert and see if anything is created. I may need you to open a ticket to troubleshoot this further as I haven't ran into any problems with the manual or automatic task.

• Management

I'm keeping a close eye on Video System for 4.0, this was the most used app on my older site...  :rolleyes:

I've actually made some significant progress on the Videos app this week. So should be looking at releasing the first beta some time next week.

• Management

I've just released the first beta of the Videos into the client centre. This is a very rough first copy and I highly recommend you only install and test upgrades on a test board. There may NOT be an upgrade path from beta 1 to beta 2 due to file storage issues.

• Management

There may NOT be an upgrade path from beta 1 to beta 2 due to file storage issues.

I'm just waiting on IPB 4.0.5 and further information about the file storage changes it's going to implement before I know what's happening with the Videos app.

Donations Application

I've got the offline gateway working and accepting donations and will soon be testing Paypal and the other donations. Provided everything goes to plan I'm estimating to have the first beta released within 2 weeks.

Collections Application

A majority of the main application is completed with the Garage importer not far behind. I've already got in place support to easily change the applications name/language and urls used throughout. I should have a first beta ready in around 2-4 weeks.

My plan is to have everything finished or in beta by the end of this month and then to resume custom work again. The following month will then be spent on ironing out any bugs and getting all my apps/plugins up to a relatively stable bug free versions.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just waiting on IPB 4.0.5 and further information about the file storage changes it's going to implement before I know what's happening with the Videos app.

Donations Application

I've got the offline gateway working and accepting donations and will soon be testing Paypal and the other donations. Provided everything goes to plan I'm estimating to have the first beta released within 2 weeks.

Collections Application

A majority of the main application is completed with the Garage importer not far behind. I've already got in place support to easily change the applications name/language and urls used throughout. I should have a first beta ready in around 2-4 weeks.

My plan is to have everything finished or in beta by the end of this month and then to resume custom work again. The following month will then be spent on ironing out any bugs and getting all my apps/plugins up to a relatively stable bug free versions.

Happy to beta test the donations tracker.

I'll be purchasing it anyway and I've just started testing the upgrade from 3.4.8 to 4.0.5.1 so I envision making the jump around 4.0.6 / 4.0.7.

Edited by Craig

• Management

Videos Application

I've just added beta 2 for the Videos application. As I warned previously might be the case, there is no upgrade path from beta 1 to beta 2. You'll need to either install a fresh copy of beta 2 or upgrade from IPB 3.4 to beta 2 directly.

Full upgrade support for IPB 3.4 should now be included and the latest file storage changes made in IPB 4.0.5 should also be supported. I would recommend trying a test upgrade on a copy of your forums first however as only limited upgrade testing has been done.

• Management

I've just released the first beta for the Donations application. It includes full upgrade support from IPB 3.4 as well but I would recommend limiting initial installs/upgrades to a test forum. Bugs can be reported here.

Videos Application

I've just added beta 2 for the Videos application. As I warned previously might be the case, there is no upgrade path from beta 1 to beta 2. You'll need to either install a fresh copy of beta 2 or upgrade from IPB 3.4 to beta 2 directly.

Full upgrade support for IPB 3.4 should now be included and the latest file storage changes made in IPB 4.0.5 should also be supported. I would recommend trying a test upgrade on a copy of your forums first however as only limited upgrade testing has been done.

Is Video now set to go, or is it still in Beta with no upgrade paths?  Cannot wait to (renew) and get this back up and running on my IP4 site!

Edit: Seen you have released 3.1.0! 

Edited by Razor S Edge