DevFuse Forums

Some big changes to my mod collection

Michael

• Management

In preparation for 2014, I've made some big changes to my mod collection and improvements to support. I realize sometimes change is not welcome but I have done my best to think this through over these last few months. I'm confident this will improve the quality of my modifications and support.

Free Modifications

Firstly ownership and support rights for a few dozen of my free modifications have been given to other modders. I've enjoyed the many hours creating and supporting these mods, so I don't do this lightly but going forward I think it's best that others get a chance to build upon them and give them the time they deserve. But I'll still be keeping the following mods and will have more time and energy to put into them in the coming years: Auto Welcome Members, Donate Sidebar, Guest Message, Portal and Sidebar Poll

Paid Modifications

As part of these changes, some tough decisions were made regarding some of my smaller paid modifications. The following mods will be affected, I've trying to make this an easy transition for those affected, so if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. If you have an active subscription to the following modifications and would like to exchange it for another modification of similar value, please let me know.

Auto Anniversary Greeter - This modification has been taken over by another modder. I'll continue to support it for existing customers until 1 July 2014. (Not including the IPB4 update)  This modification can now be found here.

Moderator Action Alert - This modification has been taken over by another modder. I'll continue to support it for existing customers until 1 July 2014. (Not including the IPB4 update)  This modification can now be found here.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for this update. You've always been the utmost profressional when it comes to managing your mods.

Can I ask, does this include Quotes System? I received an update by e-mail to say the file has been updated and noticed on IPS that it wasn't credited to you anymore (now Saiga) and it now says I need to buy it. This led me to your forum to check for any announcements. I think I must have downloaded it from here or IPS in the past, but its not listed in my Invoices here. Was it a paid product before or free?

Regards,

Graham

Edited by The Old Man

• Management

Thanks for this update. You've always been the utmost profressional when it comes to managing your mods.

Can I ask, does this include Quotes System? I received an update by e-mail to say the file has been updated and noticed on IPS that it wasn't credited to you anymore (now Saiga) and it now says I need to buy it. This led me to your forum to check for any announcements. I think I must have downloaded it from here or IPS in the past, but its not listed in my Invoices here. Was it a paid product before or free?

Thanks Graham. :) Yes the Quotes mod was taken over. It was free since release but it looks like the modder who took it over has decided to make it a paid product now. I personally wasn't aware this would be the outcome and so far looks to be the only former free mod of mine that has become paid.. I myself promised it would never be a paid mod but unfortunately that's not something I can hold another modder to.

Ah I see you dumped the quote system... :) Well, something gotta go right... LOL!

Yeah I debated about this one for a good day or two. I put quite a bit of effort into it.