Welcome to DevFuse Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to DevFuse Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of DevFuse Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

(View All Products)Featured Products

• Donations

Help fund your forum with donations, setup goals and track member donations. Offer rewards for members donating.
  • Timeslips

Have your members submit their race times and share with others.
  • Videos

Allows your members to submit their own videos for community viewing. Support is included for all the major video sites.
  • Forms

Build your own forms for your members without coding experience. Support included for pm, email and topics.
  • Collections

Build a community database of items for your members. Full features custom fields included.

Photo

[IPS] My Media (sharedmedia): Other member's images

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 News Bot

News Bot

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts
  • IP.Board Version:N/A

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

This straightforward hook modifies the "Gallery Images" tab of the "My Media" / Sharedmedia pop-up to make other approved images available for use.  On initial load of the Gallery Images tab the results are the same as the current implementation.  If you type text in the "Search" box at the bottom of the My Media pop-up and click "Search", it will find images within the entire IP.G system (that are approved) where the text searched for exists within the image caption(image/upload title).  Specifically, this gives members the ability to re-use images uploaded by other members within their content via the My Media pop-up, not JUST their own image uploads.

Because both the initial dataset (no search string) is automatically limited by the logged in member's id and a search string specified dataset are limited, it should avoid nasty problems with loading the entire gallery of images! smile.png

This is the first time I've offered a file in the marketplace so please be understanding as I work through the learning curve involved, this is a bit of a trial run to see if it's worth the support hassle ( :: looks at Robert :: ).  I'm not sure if there will be a need/use for this hook post 4.0, but I use it on my own site so if needed I will modify it to work with 4.0 once it's available.

I welcome feedback as to how the search function should be extended, I'm currently planning the next version of this hook to search for a match in the membername (the member that uploaded/owns the image), the image title and possibly the image description.  

Not sure what to provide in terms of a screenshot, but I'll provide a link to the site this was developed for as soon as we open the site to the public in couple weeks. Please let me know via support topic if you have any problems or questions.

Installation:

Simply download the file then go to:

ACP -> System => Applications & Modules  =>  Manage Hooks then click on the "Install Hook" button.

Navigate to the xml file you downloaded, select it then click "Install" in the ACP dialog.

That's it.  

Enjoy! smile.png

View Resource