DevFuse Forums

Videos files uploading via FTP

silberfuchs

I would like to know if there is a chance  to save own video files on the server and integrate them in the video system. In the new Video System it is possible to upload files but e.g. only a 10MB big file. I would like to save the files directly via FTP and then integrate this file in the Video System

I would like to know if there is a chance  to save own video files on the server and integrate them in the video system. In the new Video System it is possible to upload files but e.g. only a 10MB big file. I would like to save the files directly via FTP and then integrate this file in the Video System

that would be quite hard to do, what is your host?

Depending on who it is you would be able to edit a php.ini file to increase the filesize input.

• Management

Yeah would see about getting around the upload limit first. Are these videos going to be compatible with flowplayer? In theory, you would just need to change 1 database field to point to where ever you uploaded the video in the uploads/videos/ folder.

• Management

The format shouldn't be the problem. We are a biker community with our own videos so we can use .mov, .m4v or whatever is needed.

Adding the your video location in the embed code option is a way of adding this but you would still need to update the videos database table. I've saved this as a suggestion for v3.0.2, if it's something you need done sooner I can do this as a custom request.