DevFuse Forums

Videos System v3 (Major update with several new features)

Michael

Worked perfectly, thanks!

Chris, I am also on small width fixed resolution (990px). I had to reluctantly disable most of the sidebars in forum, gallery and other mods because of that. The best way to read a text is in a narrow column, not very wide where your eyes are getting tired from moving left to right. Looking at all the big sites (starting with the dreaded facebook, but also cnn.com, etc) all use the same layout - the content is centered in the middle with a lot of empty space on the sides. Thats why I hate the new trend with 16:9 screen format, which is optimized for movies and gaming and not for text reading, but I am getting way off-topic here... 

People usually have these huge white spaces for sponsored ads that goes as "sidebar" backgrounds. other reasons are for compatibiity with the content they have.(Thumbnails, pictures, etc...), so it would all be aligned.

Hi, I do realize that this is likely a skin issue, thus outside of the scope of the support, but I hope you can give me some guidelines where to look. 

This is what happens on my board when you open the video:

2013-06-05_21-49-33.png

The buttons Add Video and My videos are not active, you can't click on them, just the images related to them are loaded and I can't figure out why. The "view more" link on top of them is working. 

I hope you can at least give me some more specific information that I need to pass to the author of the skin. 

This is a nice setup when customizing:

http://prntscr.com/18jbt1

http://prntscr.com/18jbwz

--------

sadly I have to re-design ths every time i got through an update (if its major)

Is there a way to disable the Add As Video feature?

Thanks

Please elaborate or give me a screenshot....

On another note will this be affected when upgrading to IPB 4.0? because that editor looks slick

Edited by Chris M.

• Management

This is a nice setup when customizing:

http://prntscr.com/18jbt1

http://prntscr.com/18jbwz

--------

sadly I have to re-design ths every time i got through an update (if its major)

Wow looks nice, do you mind if I implement some of your design in 3.0.1?

Is there a way to disable the Add As Video feature?

Thanks

Disabling the post as video hook will disable that button.

On another note will this be affected when upgrading to IPB 4.0? because that editor looks slick

I won't be able to tell until I get a look at the code. If anything some of the improvements like oembed support should benefit the Videos System as well.

Wow looks nice, do you mind if I implement some of your design in 3.0.1?

Go ahead man, I just want to help you out as much as possible, if you need help with the design just tell me.

-__-: my computer is just slowly depleting in quality, so i might be a bit slow.

Edited by Chris M.

• Management

Sure, open to any ideas you have. I'm no designer but I do think the design could use improvements. It probably won't be anything major at this point, I want to see what IPB 4 brings. I believe IPS have mentioned that the design between the forums and their apps are going to be more tightly integrated. I'd want to do the same with any of my apps.

Sure, open to any ideas you have. I'm no designer but I do think the design could use improvements. It probably won't be anything major at this point, I want to see what IPB 4 brings. I believe IPS have mentioned that the design between the forums and their apps are going to be more tightly integrated. I'd want to do the same with any of my apps.

Thats what im thinking, i want to wait for IPS to have their design implementation out so that i can see what possible methods i can use to improve the Videos system's look. So we can start then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Management

It will be nice to add "random sorting" option for disaplying videos on board index page. 

There is a new random option in the "Global hook sort direction" setting. This does utilize more server resources, so it's not enabled by default.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...