DevFuse Forums

My plans for IP.Board 4

Michael

• Management

With some details of IPB 4 announced by IPS, I wanted to outline what are my plans for IPB 4. IPS have already confirmed that there will be changes to both applications and hooks. These changes are likely to cause all applications and hooks not to work. Therefore all my applications and hooks will need to be upgraded. I've put together a list of common questions I've received from previous updates below.

How long will this upgrade take?
Until we get closer to release date, my best estimate right now is 5-8 weeks for all my modifications to be upgraded.

How much will this upgrade cost?
Free modifications will continue as free modifications. Paid applications will receive this update for free as long as your subscription is active. If your subscription has expired, you will need to renew to download the latest version.

Which applications/hooks will be upgraded first?
The first application will likely be the Portal. It's a basic application but will allow me to learn the new code in IPB 4 and then apply that to my other modifications. After the Portal is upgraded, the next mods to be upgraded will be decided based upon demand.

Will any applications/hooks not be upgraded?
I plan to upgrade all my modifications to IPB 4. If one of a mods features are included in IPB 4, I may reconsider whether to upgrade it or not.

Will new features be added with upgrade?
No. As will previous IPB updates, I will only be adding compatibility for IPB 4. Adding new features at the same time, slows down the process.

I'll be continuing to update this topic as I get more information. If you have any questions, feel free to reply or PM me.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Management

I hope you had better success at installing beta 3 than I did. Now waiting for beta 4, hopefully before Christmas.

Yeah I'm hoping beta 4 clears some things up and then I'll seriously consider mass upgrading my apps/hooks then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Management

Upgrades are now well under way, the status of each upgrade and questions can now be directed here

Closing this topic now...

I am going to renew my subscription for the Donations Tracker.  When do you think that will be available after the release of 4.0?

It should be one of the first, I'll have percentage/time estimates probably within a few weeks for each indivual mod i'm upgrading.