DevFuse Forums

Convert from vB4/VB Pro Garage

fwulfers

I purchased your addon for a new site and am now looking to convert another site from vB4 to IPS. The site has a garage based on the VB Pro Garage addon: http://saabworld.net/garage/

Is there a way to convert that data and images to this Garage application?

One of the features in that addon I really like is the fuel tracking. http://saabworld.net/garage-fuel-tracking/

Perhaps an idea for future functionality in this garage application?

• Management

I don't know much about vBulletin but I believe there are 2 Garage applications out there? Although I don't have it included with the download package I do have some converter code written for a vBulletin Garage, not sure if it's the same one however. If you could send me an example of the database layout of your previous Garage, I can compare and give you a better answer.

No sorry fuel tracking is currently not part of the Garage. Been requested before and is likely to be included in a future version however.

This is a list of table in the database. That doesn't probably help much without the field information gor the tables.

The most important info to transfer is vehicle and modification information and images.

garage_blocks

garage_business

garage_categories

garage_clubs

garage_club_member

garage_colors

garage_country

garage_currency

garage_dynoruns

garage_engine_type

garage_events

garage_front_categories

garage_front_veh_cat

garage_fuel_images

garage_fuel_track

garage_garage_combined

garage_generation

garage_guestbooks

garage_images

garage_image_comments

garage_laps

garage_makes

garage_models

garage_modifications

garage_permissions

garage_premiums

garage_premium_type

garage_products

garage_quartermiles

garage_ratings

garage_rewrite_rules

garage_service_history

garage_service_type

garage_special_track

garage_tracks

garage_trims

garage_user_vehicle

garage_vehicle_classes

garage_views

garage_wishlists

The other Garage app is this one: http://www.drivethruonline.com/products/dto_garage.php

Not sure which is more popular but that one has a lot less features.

• Management

It looks like I worked on the other one. Although the table names appear to be similar, where both Garages support the same features. If it's possible to get field information on the "garage_user_vehicle" and a few rows of data?

The most important info to transfer is vehicle and modification information and images.

Provided they are similar, it does already support this. I've also got support for the engine type and drivetrain fields, these are inserted as custom fields. But obviously features that are not present in my Garage can't be converted over.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Management

Any updates on this? I have a VB 3.8 site on VB Pro Garage and would like to convert to IPB.

No further contact with original poster, so haven't followed this up anymore. Do you have some example database table I can look at? To see if your Garage is covered under my original converter?