Welcome to DevFuse Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to DevFuse Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of DevFuse Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Guest Message by DevFuse

(View All Products)Featured Products

• Donations

Help fund your forum with donations, setup goals and track member donations. Offer rewards for members donating.
  • Timeslips

Have your members submit their race times and share with others.
  • Videos

Allows your members to submit their own videos for community viewing. Support is included for all the major video sites.
  • Forms

Build your own forms for your members without coding experience. Support included for pm, email and topics.
  • Collections

Build a community database of items for your members. Full features custom fields included.

[IPS] Posts Per Day Goal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 News Bot

News Bot

Dedicated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts
  • IP.Board Version:N/A

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

Posts Per Day Goal adds a notice to the top of your forum, which prompts the user groups of your choice that you have a goal of x posts per day. So, if you have a staff group, and want your forums total posts per day to be, lets say 20, you'll set the goal to 20, and the hook keeps a count of how many posts have been made, and how many are left to make.The notice changes when the goal has been reached, from a red background to a green one, reinforcing the positive action of reaching the goal.I developed this for my own forums, and displayed it only to my staff members, and it's encouraged posting to reach the goal. Looking over my logs, from the last 7 days, 90% of the time the goal of 15 posts is reached every day. Before the hook was installed I was getting daily post counts of 3, maximum of 7, so this has increased activity within my site by 50%! Please see screenshots for proof.Main features:
  • Include / Exclude Groups to Show to, so you can only show this notice to staff, or to guests, or to Moderators and Administrators..
  • LIVE count of the posts made, and the posts needed to be made to reach the goal.
  • Forum Exclusion. If you have an Off Topic or Forum Games forum, you can exclude them from the total count. Useful if you get a lot of posts in one area of the forum and want to promote activity others.
  • Notice changes when goal is reached, counter keeps going, so you can be "10 over goal".
  • Promotes Activity, and uses Positive Reinforcement techniques.
I have some features planned, including adding the amount of posts YOU have made, how you've contributed to the goal, amongst other more general statistics.Posted ImagePosted Image

View Resource