Posts Per Day Goal adds a notice to the top of your forum, which prompts the user groups of your choice that you have a goal of x posts per day. So, if you have a staff group, and want your forums total posts per day to be, lets say 20, you'll set the goal to 20, and the hook keeps a count of how many posts have been made, and how many are left to make.The notice changes when the goal has been reached, from a red background to a green one, reinforcing the positive action of reaching the goal.I developed this for my own forums, and displayed it only to my staff members, and it's encouraged posting to reach the goal. Looking over my logs, from the last 7 days, 90% of the time the goal of 15 posts is reached every day. Before the hook was installed I was getting daily post counts of 3, maximum of 7, so this has increased activity within my site by 50
%! Please see screenshots for proof.Main features:
- Include / Exclude Groups to Show to, so you can only show this notice to staff, or to guests, or to Moderators and Administrators..
- LIVE count of the posts made, and the posts needed to be made to reach the goal.
- Forum Exclusion. If you have an Off Topic or Forum Games forum, you can exclude them from the total count. Useful if you get a lot of posts in one area of the forum and want to promote activity others.
- Notice changes when goal is reached, counter keeps going, so you can be "10 over goal".
- Promotes Activity, and uses Positive Reinforcement techniques.
I have some features planned, including adding the amount of posts YOU have made, how you've contributed to the goal, amongst other more general statistics.