Welcome to DevFuse Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to DevFuse Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of DevFuse Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

(View All Products)Featured Products

• Donations

Help fund your forum with donations, setup goals and track member donations. Offer rewards for members donating.
  • Timeslips

Have your members submit their race times and share with others.
  • Videos

Allows your members to submit their own videos for community viewing. Support is included for all the major video sites.
  • Forms

Build your own forms for your members without coding experience. Support included for pm, email and topics.
  • Collections

Build a community database of items for your members. Full features custom fields included.

Photo

Videos System v2.3.0 Update

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Chris M.

Chris M.

Elite Member

• Customers
  • 147 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.4.x

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

T_T I will have to implement the custom changes to the newer version when it comes out. So much work.

Question # 2 - Do i have to revert the language bits?

#22 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:25 AM

Question # 2 - Do i have to revert the language bits?

No shouldn't be necessary, will add new ones and keep any changes you've made.

#23 Chris M.

Chris M.

Elite Member

• Customers
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

While you work on the new one im working on a re-design of the system itself. (Which explains the re-editing I have to do for the new version)
Also you might want to limit the available options for the comments, it seems it has all of the bbcode parsing like the one for the thread posting which is kinda a bad thing in terms of spam.

Edited by Chris M., 14 June 2012 - 09:48 PM.

#24 Madinmex

Madinmex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.1.x

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

I have returned to IPB after a short absence. Due to the ongoing updates (IPB) and other personal reasons I never got to finish and open my forum. I have now re installed 3.3.1. and recently renewed my subs for videos. Prior to my absence I had no problems. I have Vimeo plus and am having problems installing the videos. I get no thumbnail and when I open the the standard diagram in the video bar all I get is the URL. I have no problem with youtube. I know Vimeo has done a lot of re vamping. I cannot see where I am going wrong (if indeed it is my fault) I have the latest VS 2.3.0 Any suggestions please ?

#25 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

It's just the thumbnail that's the problem? Does the video embed code itself generate properly? Make sure you have a matching entry for the vimeo media bbcode in acp > other apps dropdown > videos system > manage thumbnail sites. If not, then open a ticket with board access so I can take a look at your media/thumbnail setup.

#26 Chris M.

Chris M.

Elite Member

• Customers
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

Question #3 - Michael is it possible to make a Category your favorite instead of the video?

Also i was fiddling with the theme im using and checked out the category css options it uses and heres what i accomplished:
Posted Image

This is something hidden in the CatView Template. There's a Id that says "header hide" just remove the "hide" for this bar to show above the category video list. It's good if you want to remove multiple videos at once since the checkbox in it checks it all.

#27 Chris M.

Chris M.

Elite Member

• Customers
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

Oh and here's another suggestion. Can you add a Genre option to the Videos System, it can help make the search better since there will be videos based on the same thing. (Srry if this is asking for too much, I just want to see if I can take these ideas and change them accordingly before I set out the actual updates on the site).

Well it can be genre or a tags system or something. You know like something that can help define the search.

Edited by Chris M., 19 June 2012 - 04:11 AM.

#28 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:56 AM

Question #3 - Michael is it possible to make a Category your favorite instead of the video?

The current code is pretty much hard coded for videos only. Would you want to favorite a category to track it easier? If so, I do have plans for follow category support like a forum. (Not in this very next version however.)

#29 Chris M.

Chris M.

Elite Member

• Customers
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

that would work

#30 Chris M.

Chris M.

Elite Member

• Customers
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:24 PM

Full editor to Mini editor in comments for Video System 2.3.X

Go to: Admin CP> Look &Feel>YourSkin>skin_videos>videoView:
Find:
{parse editor="comment" options="array( 'type' => 'full', 'minimize' => 1, 'height' => 180, 'autoSaveKey' => 'videocomment-' . $video['tid'] )"}

change to:
{parse editor="comment" options="array( 'type' => 'mini', 'minimize' => 1, 'height' => 150, 'autoSaveKey' => 'videocomment-' . $video['tid'] )"}

You will get the minified version of the full editor:

Result:
Posted Image

Edited by Chris M., 20 June 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#31 Chris M.

Chris M.

Elite Member

• Customers
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:00 AM

Michael I fixed this issue for you:
http://www.devfuse.c...t-improvements/

Im working on how to make a tooltip popup for the source of each video so i shows the thumbnail, desc. etc. when you hover over a category.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users