Michael

Introducing Quotes System

16 posts in this topic

It's been a long time between drinks mods but I'm happy to announce my latest IPB application. The Quotes System allows you and your community to add quotes to a database and a way to organize that database. Also included is a sidebar hook to show a random quote.

This is a free application can be downloaded from the here. You can find other applications and hooks by me here.

shooterdfl likes this

I have downloaded and installed the quotes system but Unfortunately, I have been unable to find anywhere within the admin where these quotes can be approved. The quote you see was aproved from the database.

Kelvin

Edited by Kelvin

I have downloaded and installed the quotes system but Unfortunately, I have been unable to find anywhere within the admin where these quotes can be approved. The quote you see was aproved from the database.

Kelvin

Hi Kevin,

You do not need to go to Admin Panel to approve new quotes... The approval process is part of fontend quote view.

When you click on quote section, there should be a button on the upper right hand corner shows how many quotes are waiting for approval...

And follow that button....

there is no button showing in that location, i know what the button looks like because i looked at your screen shot....

Edited by Kelvin

What do you mean there is no button (I did not post a screenshot)

Here is one to show the button with waiting for approval '0'

quote_approval_button.jpg

In order to see that, you need to be part of admin group...

Edited by media

Is there a Portal 1.3.0 hook for this Quote app ??

No but you can add your own block in the portal and in the block code field use this.

<?php
        require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir( 'quotes' ) . "/sources/hooks.php" );        
        $this->registry->setClass('quotes_hooks', new quotesHookGateway( $this->registry ) );
        print $this->registry->getClass('quotes_hooks')->sidebarHook();
?> 

For more support, you can find the support topic here.

Chris59 likes this

Hi Michael,

I remember you drop this mod, but someone picked this up, but I cannot find it on IPB, would you please help?
Thanks

I'm not sure what happen to this after another modder took it over. As far as I was last aware is was a paid app in the ips marketplace.

I'm not sure what happen to this after another modder took it over. As far as I was last aware is was a paid app in the ips marketplace.

I have searched on the IPB but could not find it... :)

Micheal,

When you get a change would you please, please upgrade this application to 4.0 ?
I have contacted other person, they are not responding at all...

Thanks

When you get a change would you please, please upgrade this application to 4.0 ?

I have contacted other person, they are not responding at all...

What about the other Quotes plugin, have you tried contacting them to see if they can add more features you wanted? It makes very little sense for me to release an app that already exists in the marketplace, especially now when I've got just little free time among bug fixes and existing custom requests.