Welcome to DevFuse Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to DevFuse Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of DevFuse Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

(View All Products)Featured Products

• Donations

Help fund your forum with donations, setup goals and track member donations. Offer rewards for members donating.
  • Timeslips

Have your members submit their race times and share with others.
  • Videos

Allows your members to submit their own videos for community viewing. Support is included for all the major video sites.
  • Forms

Build your own forms for your members without coding experience. Support included for pm, email and topics.
  • Collections

Build a community database of items for your members. Full features custom fields included.

Photo

IP.Board 2.1.7 and IPB.Blog 1.2.4 Released

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,543 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.4.x

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:36 PM

Invision Power Board 2.1.7

Invision Power Board 2.1.7 is a maintenance release which consolidates the recent security updates and adds an 'anti-virus' scanner. This is available from the new 'Security Center' (found under the admin tab). This will check your IPB installation for any suspicious and potentially malicious files that could have been uploaded using a previous exploit or via an exploit in a previous version of PHP that allowed one to upload malicious files via the dl() functions.

Invision Power Board 2.1.7 is the latest in our series of releases designed to further enhance the security of our software.

UPGRADING

Invision Power Board comes with full upgrading instructions. To upgrade from a version previous to IPB 2.1.6, please upload all the files (except the install folder and contents) and then run the upgrade system available from www.domain.com/upgrade/ (substituting www.domain.com for your board's URL).

An IP.Board 2.1.6 to IP.Board 2.1.7 upgrade pack is available. See the download section for more information. This upgrade pack also includes every single update since the release of 2.1.6.

If you wish for our technicians to perform your upgrade, please request an upgrade from your client center. Please allow an extra two business days for your upgrade to be performed due to the extra volume a new release makes.

DOWNLOAD

Invision Power Board 2.1.7 is available for download in your Client Center -> Your Purchases -> Invision Power Board

An IPB 2.1.6 to 2.1.7 upgrade pack has been made available here (Make sure you've logged into your client center before accessing that link).

Invision Community Blog 1.2.4

Invision Community Blog (ICB) 1.2.4 is a maintenance release which fixes an editing permission bug.

Download

You can download ICB 1.2.4 from your client center. Simply log in to http://www.invisionpower.com/customer/ and click on "Your Purchases" and select the ICB license you wish to use for the download.

Source: Click Here

#2 PowerJunkie

PowerJunkie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • IP.Board Version:N/A

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:44 PM

I've always been 1st getting updates and such... but I just cant bring myself to doing it this time as I have so many mod's done to my board.

Arcade, Garage, Time Slip's, Contact, Contact's', Live Chat, etc...

Things are running so smooth, everyone loves the new stuff.

Exit denial, it seems I must do it. I'm concerned about saving the data for each mod I've listed, except Live Chat. I guess I'll research each one and figure out how to restore the user data... Dang. Pheh. Sigh. Brrrap!

#3 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,543 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.4.x

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:27 PM

This upgrade does contain 2 new secruity fixes, not previously released, there is also a manual upgrade instructions, that may make it easier in your case.

As for any of our 3 mods installed, there all using the component system and won't be affected by this upgrade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users