Welcome to DevFuse Forums
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
(View All Products)Featured Products
Help fund your forum with donations, setup goals and track member donations. Offer rewards for members donating.
Have your members submit their race times and share with others. Intergrates with our Garage System.
Allows your members to submit their own videos for community viewing. Support is included for all the major video sites.
Setup a community Garage when members add their own vehicles with images and modifications.
Build your own forms for your members without coding experience. Support included for pm, email and topics.
Build a community database of items for your members. Full features custom fields included.
Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:17 AM
Hmm, do you have a timeline for IP.Content support (given the default portal is to be EOL'd soon)?
See here and here. I will be taking over Portal development and support for IPB 3.2 will soon be ready.
I'm currently working on v3 of the Donation Tracker (with ip.content block included) as IPB 3.2 final approaches and depending on how soon they get to final may have a release out before or after IPB 3.2.0 final. I can't get any exact time frames as I'm working around the IPB 3.2 release date.
Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:44 PM
Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:33 PM
1. Tracks actual recurring payments (subscriptions), meaning it gets the data from PayPal and won't process a donation unless it has actually gone through. Unsure if you have this functionality.
2. Promotes members for each dollar amount to different groups. Almost positive that you can do this.
3. Resets goal to $0 at the beginning of each month. I think I saw this mentioned.
4. Progress bar. I know you have this, but I will be coding a large graphical AJAX thermometer style bar. I am assuming that the info for this is fairly easy to access (via MySQL, and maybe with a bit of adding and division if it isn't precomputed)? I was just going to look at the code you used for the block and mimic it.
5. Can use months (sets of days ranging from 28-31) rather than a set of exactly X days each time. Not totally necessary, but makes much more intrinsic sense when doing donations for a server that is billed monthly.
I was planning on doing this all with PHP/MySQL and the PayPal API but noticed your product and figured I would give it a shot before spending several days coding a fairly static system myself (vs. having all of the lovely admin options and blocks that you have created). I hope that you can help me out!
Edited by Colt McCormack, 21 September 2011 - 05:36 PM.
Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:17 AM
2. Yes this is supported, you can setup donation ranges e.g. $0-10, $10-25, $25-50 and setup group promotions in each of those ranges. You can also choose to reward within the ranges per donation or per dollar donated. So for example could promote someone for 30 days for each donation or 5 days for every dollar donated.
3. Not in v3.0.0, I'm working on re-introducing this for v3.0.1.
4. I decided to go with a css graph instead due to resource and compatibility issues, so only the basic css graph included. But both the total donations and goals data is cached, so you can pull this info up, divide to get the percentage amount pretty easily. Can provide example code if necessary.
5. Could you expand on this please? Not sure what you mean.
If you have any more questions or suggestions, let me know.
Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:34 PM
Any idea on how hard it would be to add the subscriptions? Perhaps allow recurring payments to be processed through the normal gateway and save the PROFILEREFERENCE field that you may specify via the API for that particular payment into the database, then check the PayPal donations via then API every X hours with cron and match the recurring payments processed for that period (if any) to the IPB member via the aforementioned PROFILEREFERENCE field in the database. Then process a new donation with those details pulled from the database and proceed as per usual.
Edited by Colt McCormack, 26 September 2011 - 02:34 PM.
Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:18 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users