Welcome to DevFuse Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to DevFuse Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of DevFuse Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

(View All Products)Featured Products

• Donations

Help fund your forum with donations, setup goals and track member donations. Offer rewards for members donating.
  • Timeslips

Have your members submit their race times and share with others.
  • Videos

Allows your members to submit their own videos for community viewing. Support is included for all the major video sites.
  • Forms

Build your own forms for your members without coding experience. Support included for pm, email and topics.
  • Collections

Build a community database of items for your members. Full features custom fields included.

Photo

IP.Board Portal development

ipb portal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#21 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,543 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.4.x

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:10 AM

Honestly, my biggest gripe with the portal was the inability to truncate posts. I always felt this hurt sites that have used the portal as a simple news syndication tool because it doesn't give admins control of steering guests towards actual forum content. I would pay money to have the ability to truncate posts.

If you don't mind applying a template edit, can probably put together some instructions for this. IPB have their own built in truncate function, I assume you just want to limit the main full topics to # amount of characters?

#22 GaryOPA

GaryOPA

• Customers
  • 2 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.1.x

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

If you don't mind applying a template edit, can probably put together some instructions for this. IPB have their own built in truncate function, I assume you just want to limit the main full topics to # amount of characters?

Yes, Previously someone actually put up some instructions on how to do this with CSS but it would regularly cut off things like images and youtube videos. If there is another way, i would sure love to give it a shot.

btw, is the latest portal available in the marketplace compatible with 3.14?

#23 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:09 AM

Yes, there is also a version for IPB 3.2 now. I've PM'd you the template edit.

#24 eusty

eusty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:04 AM

A template edit would be great if you could PM me it please?

It may also be an idea to add an option to the standard template, one of the problems with the portal is when someone puts a long post!!

#25 Calmcacil

Calmcacil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:49 AM

I have a quick question about the portal, something I think worked in 1.3 or something way back, making www.example.org show the portal when the ip.board software is located in www.example.com/forum/, is this still possible, if not, could you make it possible in the future? :)

#26 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:43 AM

A template edit would be great if you could PM me it please?

It may also be an idea to add an option to the standard template, one of the problems with the portal is when someone puts a long post!!

PM Sent. The truncate function doesn't work for everyone but once I do find a good solution, plan on adding it.

I have a quick question about the portal, something I think worked in 1.3 or something way back, making www.example.org show the portal when the ip.board software is located in www.example.com/forum/, is this still possible, if not, could you make it possible in the future? :)

To be honest I haven't checked yet. I believe it's possible with IP.Content so will have a check when I get a chance to see if instructions/files can be included for the Portal.

#27 ZakRhyno

ZakRhyno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.0.x

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:03 AM

Great to see you like to add UPoral features to IP. Portal. :D

#28 rakesh000

rakesh000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:20 AM

hi

i need a step by step tutorial how to setup portal like this please some one guide me

the portal should like this

http://www.devfuse.com/forums/portal/

and also member should visit portal first and then forum page

some guide me waiting for your replies

#29 Madinmex

Madinmex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:12 AM

hi

i need a step by step tutorial how to setup portal like this please some one guide me

the portal should like this

http://www.devfuse.com/forums/portal/

and also member should visit portal first and then forum page

some guide me waiting for your replies

Have to admit I'm in much the same boat (Although I do realize paid mods come first :thumbsup: )

#30 gerry5039

gerry5039

• Customers
  • 12 posts
  • IP.Board Version:N/A

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:39 PM

Go to initdata.php in the root of your forum and open it, find this line around line 50

define( 'IPS_DEFAULT_PUBLIC_APP', 'forums' );

And change it to

define( 'IPS_DEFAULT_PUBLIC_APP', 'portal' );

Your board will always open with portal first, good luck.

#31 llaumgui

llaumgui

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:42 AM

Hi,

I have my portal on http://www.scenario-paintball.com and my forums on http://forums.scenario-paintball.com

My www virtual host has this option :
DirectoryIndex portal.php

And this is my portal.php :
<?php
/**
* <pre>
* Invision Power Services
* IP.Board v3.2.0
* Main public executable wrapper.
* Set-up and load module to run
* Last Updated: $Date: 2011-03-11 12:41:48 -0500 (Fri, 11 Mar 2011) $
* </pre>
* @author      $Author: ips_terabyte $
* @copyright   (c) 2001 - 2009 Invision Power Services, Inc.
* @license     http://www.invisionpower.com/community/board/license.html
* @package     IP.Board
* @link        http://www.invisionpower.com
* @version     $Rev: 8042 $
*/

define( 'IPB_THIS_SCRIPT', 'public' );

/* Portal */
define( 'IPS_DEFAULT_PUBLIC_APP', 'portal' );
define( 'IPS_PUBLIC_SCRIPT', 'index.php' );
define( 'IPB_URL', 'http://forums.scenario-paintball.com' );

require_once( './initdata.php' );/*noLibHook*/

require_once( IPS_ROOT_PATH . 'sources/base/ipsRegistry.php' );/*noLibHook*/
require_once( IPS_ROOT_PATH . 'sources/base/ipsController.php' );/*noLibHook*/

ipsController::run();

exit();

?>

My problem is that www redirect to forums.

Any idea ?

#32 llaumgui

llaumgui

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:54 AM

Problem solved. It's provide to the _fUrlComplete function of the ipsRegistry class :
/* www.hostname.com vs hostname.com - need to ensure we are at the correct URL for AJAX purposes */
        if( !defined('CCS_GATEWAY_CALLED') && ipsRegistry::$request['request_method'] == 'get' )
        {
            $_requestedHost        = $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
            $_configuredHost    = parse_url( ipsRegistry::$settings['board_url'], PHP_URL_HOST );
            $uri                = $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']  ? $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']  : @getenv('REQUEST_URI');
            $_t                    = !empty(ipsRegistry::$settings['board_url']) ? @parse_url( ipsRegistry::$settings['board_url'] ) : @parse_url( ipsRegistry::$settings['base_url'] );
            $_toTest            = ( $_t['path'] AND $_t['path'] != '/' ) ? preg_replace( "#^{$_t['path']}#", '', $uri ) : str_replace( $_t['scheme'] . '://' . $_t['host'], '', $uri );

if( strpos( $_configuredHost, 'www.' ) === 0 AND strpos( $_requestedHost, 'www.' ) !== 0 )
            {
                ipsRegistry::getClass('output')->silentRedirect( ipsRegistry::$settings['board_url'] . $_toTest );
            }
            else if( strpos( $_configuredHost, 'www.' ) !== 0 AND strpos( $_requestedHost, 'www.' ) === 0 )
            {
                ipsRegistry::getClass('output')->silentRedirect( ipsRegistry::$settings['board_url'] . $_toTest );
            }
        }
Just add define ('CCS_GATEWAY_CALLED', false); in your portal.php.

I have a another problem. portal don't work if I rename admin folder...

#33 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:23 PM

This announcement seems to be turning into a support topic, currently I'm only offering support for the Portal on the IPS Forums. You can find the support topic here. I've also created a suggestions topic for the next version here. Any bugs you encounter can be reported here.

To answer your question llaumgui, currently the Portal doesn't come with this file but I will be looking into it next version. I'll close this topic to prevent future confusion, the links above should cover everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users