Welcome to DevFuse Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to DevFuse Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of DevFuse Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

(View All Products)Featured Products

• Donations

Help fund your forum with donations, setup goals and track member donations. Offer rewards for members donating.
  • Timeslips

Have your members submit their race times and share with others.
  • Videos

Allows your members to submit their own videos for community viewing. Support is included for all the major video sites.
  • Forms

Build your own forms for your members without coding experience. Support included for pm, email and topics.
  • Collections

Build a community database of items for your members. Full features custom fields included.

Photo

IPB 3.1 Donation Tracker v3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

#61 BrandonT

BrandonT

Elite Member

• Customers
  • 101 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.2.x

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:14 AM

Can't wait to see screenshots of front-end :D Great work m8!

#62 Computer Candy

Computer Candy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.4.x

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

Today worked on the main front page. Donations, goals and the status box are now displaying using the new design. Also wrote the top donors function from scratch, should fix those issues some have been having and also be easier to use in other areas.

The remaining days of this week, I'll be working on the view all donations and view all goals pages. Also will be adding a new view all top donors page for those who want to view more then just the top 5 or so on the front page.

Thank you for the updates!

I know that in the current version, the "view all" pages for donations and goals only display currently active goals and donations towards those currently active goals. It would be nice if "view all" actually displayed "all" donations and goals active or not. Or maybe just a setting in the acp to go between the two options.

Oh, and it would be nice if there were different skins for the portal blocks vs the main donation page blocks. I generally make things much smaller and simpler for the portal blocks vs the main donation pages.

Just yet more suggestions on top of your already full plate, hehe.

Thanks again!

Edited by Computer Candy, 07 January 2011 - 02:02 PM.

#63 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

Thank you for the updates!

I know that in the current version, the "view all" pages for donations and goals only display currently active goals and donations towards those currently active goals. It would be nice if "view all" actually displayed "all" donations and goals active or not. Or maybe just a setting in the acp to go between the two options.

Yep already planned for both the donations and goals. Will now show those goals that have finished and the linked donations.

Oh, and it would be nice if there were different skins for the portal blocks vs the main donation page blocks. I generally make things much smaller and simpler for the portal blocks vs the main donation pages.

Not sure what you mean by skins but they will have a separate template so you'll be able to make changes to the portal block that won't affect the sidebar hook.

#64 Computer Candy

Computer Candy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:08 PM

Yep already planned for both the donations and goals. Will now show those goals that have finished and the linked donations.

Fantastic. :)

Not sure what you mean by skins but they will have a separate template so you'll be able to make changes to the portal block that won't affect the sidebar hook.

I should have been more clear, sorry. Just mean that before when i would sent the PayPal logo size or donation meter type, it would affect it on both the main donation page as well as the the extra portal blocks you provide. I'm not sure if other things carried over, too, or if it was just those two things. I always like to set things pretty small for the sidebar or portal pages whereas i like it bigger for the main donation page. Not a huge deal, though.

Thanks again for all the great work. :)

Edited by Computer Candy, 08 January 2011 - 11:09 PM.

#65 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:15 AM

Had a bit of free time this Sunday so got the file and template setup for view all goals. View all donations and top donors can both use this template and should be both done tomorrow. I've added some filter options like you see in the Video System category view, so you'll be able to filter the goals or donations by ways other then just the date.

Thanks again for all the great work. :)

No problem, thanks for the feedback. :)

#66 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:58 AM

View All Donations, View All Goals and View All Top Donor pages are complete. I have a lot of free time this weekend so should have more updates in a few days.

#67 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:26 AM

Just finished secondary group support in the promote member group function and the Manage Payment Gateways pages tonight. In regards to the Payment Gateways, Paypal will still likely be the only official one available but now it will be easier for owners to code their own gateways.

I'll be starting working on the "member rewards" area next week. It's pretty clear you guys want rewards to be given out based on the amount donated. E.G
0-24$ - Gets 100 points through points app
25-49$ - Gets 500 points through points app
50-100$ - Gets 1000 points through points app

I just need feedback on the other rewards that can be given to donors? I'm leaning towards a kind of "donation ranks" like the current member titles/ranks where donors get extra pips for the minimum donation amount. So when a members total donations reaches a certain level they get an extra pip. But looking for any suggestions.

Edit: Also looking at shifting the group promotions to the member rewards area so that the group and promotion time can be dependent on the amount donated as well. Coding wise this is complex and time consuming so not a definite feature just yet. ;)

#68 BrandonT

BrandonT

Elite Member

• Customers
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:15 AM

Great news Michael. For the donation rewards part I would love it to be set at admin ability to set what amount gets rewards. For example I will be awarding members at these donation amounts:

$5
$10
$15
$25
$50
$100

And so on.

As far as award images as I talked with you about it before (not sure if your doing it this way and if not I was going to code it on after release) I want my members to be able to have an icon display next to their username within topic_bit along with as being able to be displayed next to their username on the board index on topics they posted in were it has By: Username (Icon) (Time of last post) area.

If you need some icons I actually have a full list of star icons my friend made for me awhile back that we use to use with donation tracker back in 2.3 with Dawpi's mod Icon Per Member.

Hopefully that was not to confusing lol.

#69 Computer Candy

Computer Candy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:39 PM

Just finished secondary group support in the promote member group function...
<--snip-->

Great news!

I'll be starting working on the "member rewards" area next week. It's pretty clear you guys want rewards to be given out based on the amount donated. E.G
0-24$ - Gets 100 points through points app
25-49$ - Gets 500 points through points app
50-100$ - Gets 1000 points through points app

This is great! I'm also hoping you'll have something similar to this for the Primary/Secondary Group promotion times:
  • 0-24$ - Gets 1 month promotion per $5
  • 25-49$ - Gets 1 month promotion per $5 [+1 bonus month]
  • 50-100$ - Gets 1 month promotion per $5 [+2 bonus months]
...something like that.

The ability to set this up manually would be great:
  • x Months per $x
  • Time Bonuses [Yes] [No]
  • x Bonus Months for $x-$x
  • x Bonus Months for $x-$x
  • x Bonus Months per $x when Donation Range is $x-$x
  • x Bonus Months per $x when Donation Range is $x-$x
  • etc...

I think that points could be setup the same way:
  • 0-24$ - Gets 10 points per $1
  • 25-49$ - Gets 10 points per $1 [+100 bonus points]
  • 50-100$ - Gets 10 points per $1 [+300 bonus points]
The ability to set this up manually would be great, too:
  • x Points per $x
  • Point Bonuses [Yes] [No]
  • x Bonus Points for $x-$x
  • x Bonus Points for $x-$x
  • x Bonus Points per $x when Donation Range is $x-$x
  • x Bonus Points per $x when Donation Range is $x-$x
  • etc...
Maybe even have a base amount so that a donation of any amount gets you x points. Something like:
  • Any Donation Amount Bonus [Yes] [No]
  • x Bonus Points

I just need feedback on the other rewards that can be given to donors? I'm leaning towards a kind of "donation ranks" like the current member titles/ranks where donors get extra pips for the minimum donation amount. So when a members total donations reaches a certain level they get an extra pip. But looking for any suggestions.

I love this idea of a "donor level" or "donation ranks".

Edit: Also looking at shifting the group promotions to the member rewards area so that the group and promotion time can be dependent on the amount donated as well. Coding wise this is complex and time consuming so not a definite feature just yet. ;)

I love the idea of this, too. I think there should be a small limitation settings, though: (Although i realize this complicates things as do all my suggestions.)
  • Maximum Bankable Promotion Time: x Months (So that people can't get 10 years worth of promotion time. The most time anyone can have banked at one time is x Months. Once they have burned though a month of being in the new member group, they can of course add more time through donations but still have a banked cutoff point of x Months.)

P.S. If you are still thinking about reward icons (icons for their profiles and such, i think i remember talk of that.) you could have things like "Biggest Single Donation", "Biggest Overall Donor", "Most Donations", etc.

I know that is a lot. Whatever you wind up including is wonderful. I'm just still giddy over Secondary Group promotions. By the way, will that support something like, "Drop Secondary Group to x group upon promotion expiration"? I ask because I promote donors to the Secondary Group "Current Donors", then drop them to "Past Donors" after their promotion time expires.

Thanks again for everything!

Edited by Computer Candy, 16 January 2011 - 04:51 PM.

#70 BrandonT

BrandonT

Elite Member

• Customers
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

Any Updates?

#71 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:05 AM

Any Updates?

No significant changes were made last week (not much free time due to IRL). I've planned work for the hooks/portals next week, so I'll be posting more details on that. e.g. topic view hooks, improved layout for the current status graph and top donors hook and also looking into a hook similar to the IP.Nexus to allow individual goals to be displayed in the sidebar.

Been a lot of negative feedback regarding the current sidebar hook, which to be honest looks ugly so I'm redesigning the hooks completely.

#72 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:12 AM

Working on the hooks still this week, here is one of the sidebar hooks that is complete. You can select when editing a goal if it appears as "featured" or not and you can select or enter the amount based on your normal settings.

Posted Image

#73 BrandonT

BrandonT

Elite Member

• Customers
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:15 PM

Curious of it there are possibly some updates?

#74 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:48 AM

Curious of it there are possibly some updates?

I'll have some more updates this week. Most of the work lately has been code improvements, not the most glamorous aspect of the update, so don't have any screenshots.

#75 Nevo

Nevo

• Customers
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Programming, Computers & Technology.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:36 PM

Nice, :)

Any idea when you could release it? :P

#76 BrandonT

BrandonT

Elite Member

• Customers
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:47 PM

Starting to worry about seeing this product update :P No offense.

#77 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:02 PM

Starting to worry about seeing this product update :P No offense.

None taken, I realize it doesn't inspire confidence with some other major mods being abandoned by there developers. I'll just point out that I've been working on the Donation Tracker for nearly 4 years now and I definitely plan on continuing to support it.

I have had some real life distractions that take me away from modding, I won't bore people with the details but just say that after driving 12 hours from midnight to midday, I don't have much free time left over. But I'll see about setting Wednesday aside just for Donation Tracker updates, starting this Wednesday. Also if need be, I'll finish the most popular new features first and then issue another upgrade after like how IPS did IPB3.0 / 3.1 and now 3.2.

#78 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 02:50 AM

First Wednesday update, got a few hours today free and got the member rewards area started (admin side). This is the area that will allow you to setup donation price points and rewards members based on donations amounts. More details on this previous post here.

#79 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:52 PM

Second Wednesday update - Didn't get a chance to post this last night but it should still be Wednesday somewhere in the world. :tongue: Still working on the back-end code for the member rewards, nothing really screenshot worthy yet.

#80 xcalibur

xcalibur

Advanced Member

• Customers
  • 48 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.0.x

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:12 AM

Nice progress so far Michael. Have you looked into the subscriptions or adding subtractions and having a ending money pool? :D
More infomation about those can be found here

The basis of this idea is.
1) Tracker keeps track of Subscriptions.
2) Subscriptions are automatically added to the Monthly Goal
3) Have A Clan Balance System. Each Donation Adds to it, While a admin can add a Subtraction Manually.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users