- IP.Board 3.1.0
Fully featured community platform including forums, members profiles, calendar, status system, integration, and much, much more.
- IP.Gallery 3.2.0
Categories and photo albums for your members to share their images and videos on your community.
- IP.Blog 2.2.0
Allow you and your members to post blogs on your community or syndicate externally hosted blogs easily.
- IP.Downloads 2.2.0
Complete file management application including file version control, commenting, and forum topic linking.
- IP.Content 2.0.0
Content management for your community - run a full web site or a simply community portal. The possibilities are endless.
- IP.Chat 1.1.0
Engage your members in real time chat or send them private chats while in the chat room.
In addition to the core software, the following products and services are also available:
- Microsoft SQL Server Database Drivers for alternate database solutions.
- IP.Board iPhone App for easy mobile access for you and your members!
- Converter Services to convert from other community software to IPS.
- Skin Generator service to easily create a custom skin for your community.
- Spam Monitoring Service to stop spam account registration at the source.
You can download these releases in the client area and begin enjoying the new features.
- We have had three beta releases for testing and are confident any major issues have been addressed. However, as this is the first supported release that will be used by thousands of people, there could be as yet undiscovered issues. Please report issues in the bug tracker.
- Important technical support note: During the launch of the new products, and the great interest they will create, support response times (especially for install or upgrade requests) may be delayed. We appreciate your understanding during the launch time. If your community is critical in nature and even the slightest delay in support services would impact you then you may wish to wait until version 3.1.1 to upgrade.
- If you are upgrading from IP.Board 3.0.x then please note that, although this is not a destructive upgrade, you may need to manually update any skins you have using the new merge center to add the new functionality. You may also need to update any custom applications or hooks to use some new file locations. Technical support from IPS for skins is limited. When in doubt contact the author of the skin or use the default skin that ships with IP.Board.
- If you are currently using Facebook Connect integration, you will now need to add your Facebook application ID into the system settings. Please see this article for more information.
- Legacy chat services Addonchat and Parachat are no longer supported from version 3.1 onwards. If you are using these older services and wish to continue doing so: do not upgrade to version 3.1 at this time. You may wish to consider switching to our new IP.Chat service.
Version 3.1.1 Coming Soon
IPS is dedicated to promptly fixing any reported issues and will do so with the release of version 3.1.1 soon after 3.1.0's release. You may also wish to keep an eye on our knowledge base where we will release patches for any critical issues that come up between the two version releases.
As defined in the release notes: because this is the first widely-distributed release there will be as yet undiscovered issues. You can expect a maintenance release, IP.Board 3.1.1 (and other application maintenance releases), in the next two to three weeks (around mid-June) to address issues reported in this first supported release. We appreciate your understanding and hope you can assist us in identifying any problems in this first supported release so we can quickly remedy them in our next update.
We hope you are as excited as IPS staff is about what's new in these product versions. Here are the highlights:
Easily share links from your community to Facebook, Twitter, and more. Great way to drive traffic to your community!
Enhancements to the existing member status system in IP.Board to include the ability to reply and more.
Preview the first few lines of a topic without loading the entire topic.
Optionally allow your members to see who gave reputation points on their posts.
Your members can now link their account with their Twitter account!
Improved Facebook Integration
Further enhance the link between your community and Facebook to drive traffic. Including new Facebook Graph API
Advertising Code Integration: Part 1 and Part 2
Easily place advertising code throughout your community with simple settings in the admin area.
Profile Customizations: Part 1 and Part 2
Allow your members to customize the look and feel of their profile page.
Upgrading your skin between versions of IP.Board just became a lot easier.
Soft Delete Posts and Topics
Rather than actually deleting a post or topic you can now hide it from view to easily restore it later.
An easier way to be notified of all the various events that happen in your community. And Improvements
Modification Development Enhancements
Great tools for those that create modifications for IP.Board
Hook System Improvements
Improvements to the IP.Board hook system to make it easier for modification developers to expand the functions in the software.
Search Engine Optimization: Part 1 and Part 2
Allow search engines to better index and rank your community in results.
Search Engine Overhaul
Search engine rebuilt from the ground up introducing more flexibility and power.
Template Merge Tool
Merge skin changes between versions right in the AdminCP.
All new Mobile Skin
Mobile skin for many popular devices to enable easy access to your community.
Automatic Media Embedding
Automatic parsing of YouTube and other media into posts.
Plus many bugs fixed from the 3.0.5 version and performance improvements.
Feed Block Updates
Great updates to make these blocks even more useful.
Database Improvements: Part 1 and Part 2
Improvements to database usability.
Page Interface Enhancements
Makes working with Pages in the admin area easier.
Friendly URLs for Databases
Database URLs become human and search engine friendly.
Easier to work with templates and updates.
More tools to enhance content sharing between your forums and pages.
Support for a comprehensive articles system.
Chat Count and Private Chats
Show number of people in the room at top of page and support for private member-to-member chats.
Local Chat Logs
View, search, and interact with your chat logs right in the admin area.
Note that, as of IP.Board 3.1's release, the old Parachat and Addonchat modules are no longer directly supported by IPS.
Skin Generator Service
Introducing Skin Generator
Our new, free service to active IP.Board license holders to easily generate a custom skin for their community.
Improvements to Skin Generator
New features and enhancements to the service.
Spam Monitoring Service
Many additions to the spam service both in IP.Board and behind the scenes to help combat spam on your community.
IP.Blog, IP.Gallery, and IP.Downloads
The new versions of these products are maintenance releases to fix known issues and to add compatibility for IP.Board 3.1.0. Also, IP.Blog received the new sharing tools from IP.Board. All of these products will receive full feature upgrades this summer.
CleanCut, MSSQL Database Driver, and Converter Services
CleanCut skin has been updated to support the new application versions.
The MSSQL database driver has been greatly enhanced and stabilized from previous versions, now only support MSSQL 2005+, and we are phasing out deprecated field types for greater efficiency.
Converter Services are now available for IP.Board 3.1.
IP.Board iPhone App
The new IP.Board iPhone App is available and APIs for its use are included in IP.Board 3.1.0.
Source: Click Here