DevFuse Forums

IPB3 Auto Birthday Greeter / Auto Anniversary Greeter v1.1.0 development

Michael

• Management

I'll be working on the next version of the IPB3 Auto Birthday Greeter and Auto Anniversary Greeter this week. Although they are quite small mods there has been some suggestions that I'm looking to add. If you have any suggestions for improving these mods, please reply below or send me a PM.

Planned Features:

• Manual date format setting, so admins can use a manual date rather then the joined date setting.
  • Include support for shoutbox posting.
  • Include support for profile comments.
  • Sidebar hook support listing today's birthday/anniversaries.
  • Global hook for members with birthdays/anniversaries.
  • Activity cut-off for members who have not visited the board in X amount of days.

Completed

I've decided to upgrade both of these mods at the same time as they are quite similar and often code can be shared amongst both of them. Some of the above suggestions will be Birthday or Anniversary specific.

* add shoutbox support.

* It would be good to adapt this Mod to show the members who's anniversary this is on the board index view. Not only would they receive an e-mail but their usernames would be displayed on the forum.

Be great to show members anniversaries on Board Index view and ideal to add a Shoutbox support as well. Nice move Michael :thumbsup:

I have both of these mods. They are great! I had an interesting enhancement request from one of my moderators.

If you select the option to post a topic on the forum wishing happy birthday / anniversary, it would be nice if you could somehow include the link of that post in the email and/or PM to the member. That way the member can click on the link to see all the well wishers' replies.

• Management

If you select the option to post a topic on the forum wishing happy birthday / anniversary, it would be nice if you could somehow include the link of that post in the email and/or PM to the member. That way the member can click on the link to see all the well wishers' replies.

I'd like a way to be able to not send a message/create a topic to a member if they haven't visited in X days, and possibly groups it should send to regardless of when they were last active.

Both suggestions added to the planned feature list.