Welcome to DevFuse Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to DevFuse Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of DevFuse Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

(View All Products)Featured Products

• Donations

Help fund your forum with donations, setup goals and track member donations. Offer rewards for members donating.
  • Timeslips

Have your members submit their race times and share with others.
  • Videos

Allows your members to submit their own videos for community viewing. Support is included for all the major video sites.
  • Forms

Build your own forms for your members without coding experience. Support included for pm, email and topics.
  • Collections

Build a community database of items for your members. Full features custom fields included.

Photo

IPB3 Garage System v3.0.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#41 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.4.x

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:54 PM

Worked on a new navigation today (pic below), I've moved the garage stats to below the navigation, it was taking up a large part of the garage before for essentially only several characters of information. The new detailed statistics page has also been added.

Also just finished a default image feature, so members can set a default image for their vehicle, this image will then be the default thumbnail when displayed with that vehicle. For those upgrading with existing vehicles, no default image will be selected, so I've included a rebuild tool. This will set the first image uploaded as the default image if one is not selected.

Will be posting more screenshots later.

Posted Image

#42 JimD

JimD

Advanced Member

• Customers
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:anything!
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.1.x

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:58 AM

Great work Michael :)

#43 Loren

Loren

Advanced Member

• Customers
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:56 AM

:w00t:
Looks good!
Loren

#44 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:43 AM

Finished the default and unreal portal blocks. I've changed them a bit to use the style the sidebar block has. But they also include their own seperate settings if you wanted to change them back to a 1 random vehicle setup. I've also expanded on the thumbnail settings, there will now be 3 classes of thumbnails and better control for fixed thumbnail dimensions.

Posted Image

Great work Michael :)

:w00t:
Looks good!

#45 MarkH

MarkH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.0.x

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:24 PM

Excellent, good to see some real progress being made now :D Looking good!

#46 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:48 AM

I set aside this week to work on the admin side of the garage. Every page has been modernized and optimized using IPB3 new code structure. As well as the new type ahead javascript function, so the member names can be entered instead of entering the member id and member name. A search option for vehicles and mods was a popular request and this has been added, so you can more quickly search for a members vehicle by typing in their display name. Also added is use of IPB3 drag and drop ordering for currencies. I've also added descriptions where possible for each field, this should hopefully clear up some confusion until I get documentation ready.

Here are a few pics to illustrate the improvements made.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've still got a bit more work to do with the tabs/custom fields but apart from that the admin side of the garage is done. Provided IPB3.1 beta is not released next week, I've set aside next week to complete the linked make and model dropdown option. Once a I get this done and tie up a few loose ends, the garage should be ready for a public beta.

#47 MarkH

MarkH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:59 AM

Thanks for your hard work, much appreciated! Looking forward to trying it out soon.

#48 JimD

JimD

Advanced Member

• Customers
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:49 AM

As always, great work Michael :)

#49 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:28 PM

Spent extra time on the custom fields, improving the code and moving it over to use IPB3 prototype. Drag and drop ordering has been added for tabs and fields. And a new Main tab has been added for those who want to add fields into the main vehicles page rather than a new tab.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#50 hawksfan

hawksfan

• Customers
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:26 PM

Thank you Michael, this is looking great.

So now that 3.1 beta vs2 is out, will this be compatible?

#51 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:04 AM

Thank you Michael, this is looking great.

So now that 3.1 beta vs2 is out, will this be compatible?

There will be some differences. Like different file locations for search, portal and report plugins. I will try to have v3 of the garage have these fixes included by the release date.

#52 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:16 AM

Featured Vehicles

One feature often requested was a car of the week/day/month. I was going to add just a setting where you would enter the vehicle id to display but I've expanded on this a bit and introduced a new "Featured Vehicles" area. As seen in the screenshot below, the Featured Vehicles will allow you to select multiple vehicles to feature. (Recommended maximum of 3 otherwise the box won't fit.) It will also include a featured vehicles history page for previous featured vehicles that are now de-listed from appearing on the main page.

Posted Image

The adding of featured vehicles will be done through the admin cp with the option to add comments for each feature you add. These comments will appear on the featured vehicles history page. For example, if you wanted to add Car of Week 1, Car of Week 2 as you add a featured vehicle. From the admin cp you can also de-list a featured vehicle from displaying on the main page, therefore limiting it to the featured vehicles history page or remove it. I've tried to make this as customizable as possible to accommodate those who want to just feature vehicle or a car of the week.

Posted Image

Makes and Models

I've added the admin cp pages for managing the makes and models. Pretty basic setup, not much to see.

Posted Image
Posted Image

First Alpha Test

I've just got the featured vehicle history page and a few changes to the comment system to complete. I'll be putting up a public demo on my test board within 5-7 days. The first few betas won't include the linked make/model dropdown feature as I need to populate the database with test vehicles. This is required as a suitable tool will need to be created in order for current garages using the current method of entering the make and model to be able to move over to the new make/model dropdown selection. That is of course optional and the default setting will probably remain entering rather then selecting.

I'll be starting private testing immediately, for those who are interested, please PM me.

#53 Loren

Loren

Advanced Member

• Customers
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:17 AM

:thumbsup:
Looking good!
Loren

#54 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:46 AM

98% of development is complete but I do still need beta testers. If you have some free time, please register your interest here or PM me for the test board login details.

#55 JimD

JimD

Advanced Member

• Customers
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:59 AM

Hi Michael,

I'll be able to spend a bit of time today and tomorrow testing.

Jim

#56 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:14 AM

Hi Michael,

I'll be able to spend a bit of time today and tomorrow testing.

Jim

Thanks Jim, just invited you to the PM topic.

#57 MBrose

MBrose

• Customers
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:18 AM

I'm all for beta testing it.

#58 mieciu

mieciu

• Customers
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:10 AM

I can try, I've got some free time.

#59 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:33 AM

PM Sent. I have 2 more free spots available.

#60 mieciu

mieciu

• Customers
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:48 AM

I was hoping to see make and model also in post view under avatar, somewhere between Gender, location etc... :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users