DevFuse Forums

IPB3 Garage System v3.0.0

Michael

• Management

Thank you Michael, this is looking great.

So now that 3.1 beta vs2 is out, will this be compatible?

There will be some differences. Like different file locations for search, portal and report plugins. I will try to have v3 of the garage have these fixes included by the release date.

• Management

Featured Vehicles

One feature often requested was a car of the week/day/month. I was going to add just a setting where you would enter the vehicle id to display but I've expanded on this a bit and introduced a new "Featured Vehicles" area. As seen in the screenshot below, the Featured Vehicles will allow you to select multiple vehicles to feature. (Recommended maximum of 3 otherwise the box won't fit.) It will also include a featured vehicles history page for previous featured vehicles that are now de-listed from appearing on the main page.

11uyy5z.png

The adding of featured vehicles will be done through the admin cp with the option to add comments for each feature you add. These comments will appear on the featured vehicles history page. For example, if you wanted to add Car of Week 1, Car of Week 2 as you add a featured vehicle. From the admin cp you can also de-list a featured vehicle from displaying on the main page, therefore limiting it to the featured vehicles history page or remove it. I've tried to make this as customizable as possible to accommodate those who want to just feature vehicle or a car of the week.

15nlx0n.png

Makes and Models

I've added the admin cp pages for managing the makes and models. Pretty basic setup, not much to see.

25h3fol.png

25tj6l4.png

First Alpha Test

I've just got the featured vehicle history page and a few changes to the comment system to complete. I'll be putting up a public demo on my test board within 5-7 days. The first few betas won't include the linked make/model dropdown feature as I need to populate the database with test vehicles. This is required as a suitable tool will need to be created in order for current garages using the current method of entering the make and model to be able to move over to the new make/model dropdown selection. That is of course optional and the default setting will probably remain entering rather then selecting.

I'll be starting private testing immediately, for those who are interested, please PM me.

• Management

98% of development is complete but I do still need beta testers. If you have some free time, please register your interest here or PM me for the test board login details.

• Management

I was hoping to see make and model also in post view under avatar, somewhere between Gender, location etc... :(

Still planned but I need to research IPB3.1 a bit more to make it a hook.

• Management

Thanks, added you both to the beta.

Hi Michael,

Just upgraded the forum to 3.1.0 and our Garage has vanished so I'm willing to participate in testing too.

Niall

The current garage should function with IPB3.1, if your having problems open a ticket and I can take a look.

Just trying out the release candidate, have added something to the bug tracker but I have another question. If I wanted to make the featured car appear as the only car on the portal (i.e. Car of the month, which I can change every month by changing the featured car). Then I can set the Portal Block settings to display one car and in feature style but I don't get an option in the drop down list for featured cars only "latest vehicles" and "random vehicles".

Any ideas on if I should be doing it another way or if its just not possible to do yet, was one of my requests on the original "what do you want in this release" thread.

• Management

Just trying out the release candidate, have added something to the bug tracker but I have another question. If I wanted to make the featured car appear as the only car on the portal (i.e. Car of the month, which I can change every month by changing the featured car). Then I can set the Portal Block settings to display one car and in feature style but I don't get an option in the drop down list for featured cars only "latest vehicles" and "random vehicles".

Any ideas on if I should be doing it another way or if its just not possible to do yet, was one of my requests on the original "what do you want in this release" thread.

I did want to add this, I've added this in the bug tracker. Will definitely be included in v3.0.0 final.