We are pleased to announce that the first release candidate for our newest application, IP.Chat, is now available. IP.Chat 1.0 requires you to be running IP.Board 3.0.4 or greater.
If you participated in beta testing earlier releases of IP.Chat 1.0, please see the end of this announcement for an important note.
- Ability to turn system online and offline, as well as ability to allow specified groups access to the system while it is offline
- Ability to ban and kick users from the chat room
- Ability to set chat room only opened between specific hours
- "Who's chatting" hook for board index
- Miscellaneous formatting options
IP.Chat installs on your IP.Board installation and is configurable like any other IPS application for skinning, colors, and more. The chat message exchanges are handled by IPS servers eliminating the need for you to worry about high-volume chat transactions on your local community server.
The IP.Chat service will be priced based on the number of users in your chat room at any one time. As a benefit to active IP.Board license holders, the first chat service package of 5 online users will be free. Higher package level pricing will be announced with the final release of IP.Chat. Note: For the purpose of this release candidate testing phase, there are no limits on the number of online users in your chat room.
How to Order and Download
- Login to the Client Area and go to New Purchase. Find IP.Chat: Free under Invision Power Board Optional Addons and click Buy Now.
- Order as normal, the package is free so you will not be charged.
- Go to Your Downloads and download the IP.Chat package.
- Go to Your Purchases and select the IP.Chat package.
- To use IP.Chat it must be associated with an IP.Board or IPS Community Hosting package. Select the package to associate with and you will then see a chat service key appear.
- If you are not on IP.Board 3.0.4, upgrade to it.
- Upload all files contained within the upload directory of the IP.Chat zip file. This is just like installing any other application in IP.Board.
- Go to Manage Applications & Modules in your IP.Board AdminCP.
- Select the Install link next to the Chat Services application.
- Once the install is complete you can go to My Apps and select Chat Services. Just enter the chat service key found under Your Purchases in the Client Area to activate.
As this is a release candidate there may be bugs and issues with the software. Please report any issues using our bug tracker. Before reporting please first quickly check to see if anyone has already reported your issue.
Technical support is not available for this release.
Do not use this software on a public install. Wait for the final series for your public installs.
In general, only download and participate in the beta test if you are comfortable working with beta software.
Source: Click Here