IP.Board 4 Notice - During the release of the betas and final release of IPB4, there will be delays in both support and custom work response times.
Normal operations should return soon after modifications have been upgraded for IPB4. View more details on our upgrade plans here.

Welcome to DevFuse Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to DevFuse Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of DevFuse Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

(View All Products)Featured Products

• Donation Tracker

Help fund your forum with donations, setup goals and track member donations. Offer rewards for members donating.
  • Timeslip System

Have your members submit their race times and share with others. Intergrates with our Garage System.
  • Videos System

Allows your members to submit their own videos for community viewing. Support is included for all the major video sites.
  • Garage System

Setup a community Garage when members add their own vehicles with images and modifications.
  • Form Manager

Build your own forms for your members without coding experience. Support included for pm, email and topics.
  • Collections System

Build a community database of items for your members. Full features custom fields included.

Photo

Videos System v2 IPB3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#61 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,295 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.4.x

Posted 26 December 2009 - 05:40 AM

Just now finished up the new topic function that will be a lot more user friendly by updating topics when videos are updated rather then deleting and re-posting them. This includes the new per category forum selection for video topics.

I want to get the alpha demo up by the end of this week (31st-1st). Also looking for 3 beta testers to test it out a bit more in depth. ( First three to request this in reply here. ) Preferably those with a test board, as the first few alphas/betas aren't recommended for live boards.

Need custom work? Register your interest here.

Keep up to date with DevFuse mod development and releases. 2ze9ngh.jpg 53qo7q.png 2r7m3v9.png 2lkwa4w.jpg 24wfq0z.png

#62 deanhennings

deanhennings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • IP.Board Version:N/A

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:03 PM

Love to be a beta tester :) Let me know :) Have most of your mods and they are all great !! :) opps I only have a live site... but willing to try :)

Dean

Edited by deanhennings, 26 December 2009 - 09:04 PM.

#63 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:24 PM

Love to be a beta tester :) Let me know :) Have most of your mods and they are all great !! :) opps I only have a live site... but willing to try :)

Dean

Thanks, when it's ready will PM you. If you make it viewable to your admins/staff until it's been permission tested a bit, it should be fine.

Keep up to date with DevFuse mod development and releases. 2ze9ngh.jpg 53qo7q.png 2r7m3v9.png 2lkwa4w.jpg 24wfq0z.png

#64 deanhennings

deanhennings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:31 PM

Sweet thanks !!! a ton, really need video back :) and the sidebar integration :)

Happy Holidays

#65 jenolan

jenolan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.1.x

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:47 PM

Will give it a whirl .. been waiting for this too as well even.

Larry

#66 kal

kal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:58 PM

I'm looking at getting a general idea what video sites your members mostly submit to the videos system. If you can list the top 5 video sites used it will help with research into video thumbnails and the possibility of using the media bbcode instead of having to get the whole embed code.

It might be too late to add this, but...

1. YouTube
2. Hulu
3. Vimeo

#67 media

media

Advanced Member

• Customers
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:01 PM

I'm looking at getting a general idea what video sites your members mostly submit to the videos system. If you can list the top 5 video sites used it will help with research into video thumbnails and the possibility of using the media bbcode instead of having to get the whole embed code.

Is there anyway to add this by ourselves??? New sites and codes???

Thanks

#68 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:47 PM

It will integrate with IPB3 existing media bbcode. In your Admin CP > Look & Feel Tab > Manage Media BBCode.

I'm on track for a 2nd Jan finish, just have a few more things left before the alpha demo goes up. Will pm you the beta jenolan and dean shortly before the 2nd. One more beta position open for those interested.

#69 deanhennings

deanhennings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:02 PM

We are a Horse community, so selling and buying is the main function, Video in our industry is a must... So having the random side block will help sell horses and stallion services

Can't wait.. :) I have tried all the video components and this is just want I have wanted :)

Thanks Dean

#70 snookputt

snookputt

• Customers
  • 26 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.2.x

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:39 AM

Hi Michael, send it my way please :)

#71 deanhennings

deanhennings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 10:48 AM

[quote name='Michael' date='30 December 2009 - 12:47 AM' timestamp='1262134074' post='11811'
I'm on track for a 2nd Jan finish, just have a few more things left before the alpha demo goes up. Will pm you the beta jenolan and dean shortly before the 2nd. One more beta position open for those interested.
[/quote]

Still on for today :) understandable if you need more time, just excited about this one :)

#72 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:35 AM

PM sent out to 3 beta testers. Provided no major bugs reported back should have a public demo up within the next few days.

#73 deanhennings

deanhennings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:55 AM

Going to play now :)

#74 deanhennings

deanhennings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:14 AM

It's all that I wanted :) yahoo !!!! Great job Michael

#75 snookputt

snookputt

• Customers
  • 26 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.2.x

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:25 AM

Very good Michael, especially like the optional to add URL as well as the Embed code.

Top job, well done :)

#76 deanhennings

deanhennings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:50 PM

can we get but beta for our site ?

#77 deanhennings

deanhennings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:02 PM

I have the beta running and its wonderful :) great hooks and unreal portal ready... covered all the things i need out of the box !

Thanks Dean

#78 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for the feedback Dean. :)

Just upgraded the videos system on here to the latest version: http://www.devfuse.com/forums/videos/

#79 javier

javier

Advanced Member

• Customers
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:18 AM

Is the "darken background when playing video" feature still on the "perhaps in the next version" list or is it too hard to implement?

#80 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:40 AM

Is the "darken background when playing video" feature still on the "perhaps in the next version" list or is it too hard to implement?

I'll try to get it in one of the RC versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users