DevFuse Forums

Videos System v2 IPB3

Michael

• Management

Internet was down all day today so got a fair bit done. I know one popular feature request was the sidebar hook. I've tried to make this as customizable as possible. Sidebar hook follows all category and member permissions.

6070458_bigthumb.png 6070460_bigthumb.png 6070462_bigthumb.png

I also worked on the video thumbnail idea a bit, it's currently limited to media urls only, but I'll try to include embed code support as well. Only Youtube will be supported out of the box, there are so many different media sites so I can't customize for each one. But video thumbnais are plugin based, so this can be expanded in the future.

14lkaxg.jpg2ebspp3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

TONS of great improvements. I'm very anxious to get the new setup, especially the new categories/sub-categories options.

Any timeline updates?

I've had to delay the beta release due to computer problems. I'm a bit hesitant to give out release dates now but I'm aiming for a matured beta/rc to be out before the end of this year.

Just finished adding view new content and search integration. Working on report centre integration next, a few other smaller features and should have an alpha demo up for testing.

Great news. Thanks for the update. I check this forum daily for news on this product update.

• Management

Just now finished up the new topic function that will be a lot more user friendly by updating topics when videos are updated rather then deleting and re-posting them. This includes the new per category forum selection for video topics.

I want to get the alpha demo up by the end of this week (31st-1st). Also looking for 3 beta testers to test it out a bit more in depth. ( First three to request this in reply here. ) Preferably those with a test board, as the first few alphas/betas aren't recommended for live boards.

• Management

Love to be a beta tester :) Let me know :) Have most of your mods and they are all great !! :) opps I only have a live site... but willing to try :)

Dean

Thanks, when it's ready will PM you. If you make it viewable to your admins/staff until it's been permission tested a bit, it should be fine.

I'm looking at getting a general idea what video sites your members mostly submit to the videos system. If you can list the top 5 video sites used it will help with research into video thumbnails and the possibility of using the media bbcode instead of having to get the whole embed code.

It might be too late to add this, but...

1. YouTube

2. Hulu

3. Vimeo

I'm looking at getting a general idea what video sites your members mostly submit to the videos system. If you can list the top 5 video sites used it will help with research into video thumbnails and the possibility of using the media bbcode instead of having to get the whole embed code.

Is there anyway to add this by ourselves??? New sites and codes???

Thanks

• Management

It will integrate with IPB3 existing media bbcode. In your Admin CP > Look & Feel Tab > Manage Media BBCode.

I'm on track for a 2nd Jan finish, just have a few more things left before the alpha demo goes up. Will pm you the beta jenolan and dean shortly before the 2nd. One more beta position open for those interested.

[quote name='Michael' date='30 December 2009 - 12:47 AM' timestamp='1262134074' post='11811'

I'm on track for a 2nd Jan finish, just have a few more things left before the alpha demo goes up. Will pm you the beta jenolan and dean shortly before the 2nd. One more beta position open for those interested.

Still on for today :) understandable if you need more time, just excited about this one :)