This is the first maintenance release for IP.Board 3 and addresses the most critical issues discovered during the first large-scale usage of IP.Board 3's release. Also, IP.Blog, IP.Gallery, and IP.Downloads have received a maintenance update. Thanks to everyone who was an early-user of IP.Board 3.0.0 and reported issues that you came across.
Major Changes Since 3.0.0
Among many dozens of smaller bugs fixed, the following large changes and fixes have been made in 3.0.1 release:
- View new content changes so its more like 2.3.6 where it's based off last visit. Option to use the 3.0 style in user settings.
- Option to view search results in a view similar to a forum.
- More filter and sort options with search
- Optimized search and view new content to improve performance
- Sessions not clearing in some PHP versions fixed. Will improve performance on those versions.
- Language import / export system is much more stable now.
- Slow queries in the Portal have been optimized.
- Many Facebook Connect issues have been addressed.
- PM counts being incorrect have been fixed.
- Old media tag and quote tag issues impacting display of older posts fixed.
- Watched content hook in sidebar resource usage addressed.
Important: We have received reports of IP.Board 3.0.1 not working correctly on servers running PHP version 5.3. Please do not upgrade to IP.Board 3 if your host runs PHP 5.3. We are working on a fix for this issue and should have it in place for 3.0.2 release.
You can download IP.Board 3.0.1 and any applications you have an active license for in the client area. As always, make a backup of your community before proceeding.
A fully supported version of Subscriptions Manager is not yet available for IP.Board 3 just yet. The first beta of SM compatible with IP.Board 3 can be downloaded in the customer lounge on the IPS company forums. A second beta of SM is expected in the next few days. As soon as possible (depending on feedback from the beta releases) we will be releasing a supported version of SM.
MS-SQL Database Driver
The MS-SQL database driver will be out as a beta release early next week. Keep an eye out for an announcement regarding this update.
Source: Click Here