DevFuse Forums

Shoutbox Download Alert

Michael

• Management

This mod is being developed out of need for our own use here on these forums, when a new file is posted, I usually make a quick announcement in the shoutbox. With this new mod being developed this will be done automatically, with the file name and other details being added to the shoutbox.

File has been released and can be downloaded here.

• Management
an example of how it will look would help a lot

also i thought is was already a feat. in the original mod :)

thought it was per forum :D

This mod takes new files posted in IP.Downloads and adds the file name and/or contents to the shoutbox.

We have that at my other site already ( Inferno ) Our Russian tech guru made it and other mods for our shoutbox .

It posts every new torrent from that section

Great idea !

If you could make it a tools setting where you could adjust it it would be great

As thats a torrent site it works well . Just created a new welcome banner for every new user in the shoutbox .

Every time someone signs up a big banner displays and their name

That is going over really well .

He also Made a random display with a chron job which displays every hour a random torrent off the site

Its annoying to me as our shoutbox is like irc

But its going over well with the users as it brings up torrents that are well buried :lol:

Would be good if you made something like that for a random Mod perhaps ?

Edited by ismadman

• Management
Maybe also that file is edited, delete from downloads also !

:whistle:

This mod will have an option shout for when the file is updated, I'll have a look into a shout for when files are deleted.

• Management
We have that at my other site already ( Inferno ) Our Russian tech guru made it and other mods for our shoutbox .

It posts every new torrent from that section

Great idea !

If you could make it a tools setting where you could adjust it it would be great

As thats a torrent site it works well . Just created a new welcome banner for every new user in the shoutbox .

Every time someone signs up a big banner displays and their name

That is going over really well .

He also Made a random display with a chron job which displays every hour a random torrent off the site

Its annoying to me as our shoutbox is like irc

But its going over well with the users as it brings up torrents that are well buried :lol:

Would be good if you made something like that for a random Mod perhaps ?

Hmm I like the idea, cron would be good, but the problem is it's not universally available on every host and IPB's task is too reliant on visitor activity. Not sure would be in this mod but it's something I can look into in the future.