DevFuse Forums

IP.Board v3.0.0

Michael

• Management

After a long wait IPB3 final is finally out, over the next few weeks I'm going to be working around the clock to have my mods upgraded ASAP. The originial 4th quarter 2008 release date was pushed out to late June, so I ask everyone to be patient as I was reliant on the IPB3 release date as everyone else.

No new features will be added until after all modifications are upgraded, this way I don't get bogged down testing new features. I want to get all mods compatible with IPB3 ASAP.

Also mods will be upgraded in an order that allows me to master the new IPB3 code properly. Please don't offer money to have your mod upgraded first. I've already decided on an order and working non-stop to have them upgraded.

Free Modifications

1. Guest Message 1.4.0
  2. Auto Welcome Members
  3. Ban Filter Xml Importer / Exporter
  4. Registration Bot Control - IPB3 greatly improves upon anti spam features, this modification is no longer necessary.
  5. View New Posts Counter - I won't be upgrading this one for a few reasons.
  6. AutoPM on x posts
  7. Close Old Topics [TASK]
  8. Delete Old Topics [TASK]
  9. Auto Warn Level Reduce [TASK]
  10. Shoutbox Topic Alert
  11. Auto Demote Zero Points - will upgrade on demand
  12. Validate Group Promotions
  13. Profile modes per group - IPB3 doesn't have different profile modes.
  14. Charge Points (sig & avatar) - will upgrade on demand
  15. New Subscription Welcome v1.0.0 - I believe this is included in IP.Subscriptions
  16. Close topics after x posts v1.0.0 - will upgrade on demand
  17. Shoutbox Download Alert v1.0.0

If there is a completed free modification that you would like to beta test, you can download here.

Premium Modifications

1. Donation Tracker v2.0.2
  2. Contact System v3.1.0
  3. Global Messages v1.2.0
  4. Auto Birthday Greeter v1.0.1
  5. Timeslip System v1.4.0
  6. Videos System v1.2.0
  7. News System v1.1.0
  8. Garage System v2.0.0
  9. Calendar Topics v1.0.0
  10. Random Logos v1.0.0
  11. Auto Anniversary Greeter v1.0.0
  12. Moderator Action Alert v1.1.0
  13. PM Multi-Moderation v1.0.0
  14. Member Warning Enhanced v1.0.0

If there is a completed paid modification that you would like to beta test, please open a support ticket in your client centre.

Status Legend: Completed - In Progress - Not Yet Started - Discarded/Other

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

Regarding the skins being updated. I'm working on the assumption right now that the IP.Board 3 skin updates will be out of my league. So therefore it's likely I won't be able to update the skins myself.

I haven't decided on a prefix yet, but I'm probably going to go with something like M3, MJ3, D3 or DF3 any suggestions for a creatively inept person are greatly appreciated. :P I'll more than likely reset the version numbers to v1.0.0.

As promised I'll will be supporting IPB 2.3.x for a few months after the release. But IPB v2.3 mods will not be upgraded with new features as soon as IPB v3 is out.

• 1 month later...
  • Management
Well I'm going to start with a simple mod first. I'll start with the Guest Message, will post more info tomorrow.

I'm putting the hooks side of the guest message on hold until IPB3 has more hook access points, hopefully which will be Beta 2. I've started work on the first application, decided to go with a simple one, the news system.

• Management

I've got most of the public side of the applications sorted out. Here is a screenshot of the News System upgraded. Nothing is set in stone as IP.Board functions may change by the final. Will post more about the admin side of applications later.

newssystembeta1cy7.png

One thing that I haven't gotten used to is the layout. I'm used to the old borderwrap>maintitle>tablepad setup.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Management

Sorry there has been no updates lately. I'm currently waiting for the IP.Board 3 Beta 2 release. This will include more of the modding functions finished and allow me to starting releasing some concerted mods.

There is about 100 confirmed bugs with IPB3 left now, so I'm expecting the next beta out within this week.

• Management
I don't see (or maybe I'm blind) the Shoutbox Poster Bot mentioned here. Are you going to make it available for 3.x?

Yep I plan on upgrading it for IPB 3 as well, forgot to add it after it was made.

I am waiting for 3.0.0 come out beta before start upgrading my mods as i know what IPS like alway making code changes when its in beta

Yup, I'm waiting at least Beta 2 or 3 to start upgrading my mods.

Seeing how much are the changes between the 2 beta I might wait for the first RC as well :unsure:

• Management
Yup, I'm waiting at least Beta 2 or 3 to start upgrading my mods.

Seeing how much are the changes between the 2 beta I might wait for the first RC as well :unsure:

Yeah I don't plan on mass upgrading my mods until at least RC. But I'm glad they've added the application installer in beta 2, should be able to get more upgrading done now. They just need to add more hook access points now.

Yeah I don't plan on mass upgrading my mods until at least RC. But I'm glad they've added the application installer in beta 2, should be able to get more upgrading done now. They just need to add more hook access points now.

Actually I haven't even installed/downloaded Beta 2 :P

I'm still using an old build (let's call it Beta 1.5 xD) to develop, the app installer is already working on my build but they still need to work on it.

For example the uninstallation process doesn't delete DB data installed, I haven't tried it on Beta 2 but I read that it is still a problem :o

• Management

@ terabyte: I'm also getting a problem with installing template bits with the application installer, having to install apps with IPB itself.

I'm hoping to have a beta of the News System out sometime next week. This will be limited to functions that IPB 3 Beta 2 has and a few functions that I can't get to until IPB3 is not encoded.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

While I'm waiting for some of the developer bugs to be fixed in IPB3 betas, I'll start work on some of the simple mods, the 2 mods I'm working on now are Close and Delete Old Topics, should have them out in the next few days.

• Management
Can't wait to test any mods you need testing done on Michael. :)

I've got one hook ready for testing if you would like to try it out, it's the Close Old Topics modification. Anyone else interested in beta testing, please also let me know.

I'm also looking at making the instruction files more detailed as well as html across all my mods. I've attached the latest version of the readme file being used, using the template Michael from InvisionModding has created. Any feedback regarding the new readme file and any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hi Michael,

Good work with the hooks mate, if you want to email it over i will install on my test board.

The installation file seems fine, straight to the point with details of the mod and install procedure. I guess it will be a lot easier to uniform the installation file when just using hooks and no file edits :)

Paul

• Management
Hi Michael,

Good work with the hooks mate, if you want to email it over i will install on my test board.

The installation file seems fine, straight to the point with details of the mod and install procedure. I guess it will be a lot easier to uniform the installation file when just using hooks and no file edits :)

Paul

Thanks for the feedback Paul, just pm'd you a copy now.