DevFuse Forums

[Discussion] Tutorials/Articles System

Michael

• Management

This discussion topic was created so anyone with ideas regarding development of a Tutorials/Articles System modification could express themself.

Any ideas regarding possible development of this modification by DevFuse should be posted in a reply here.

I'm ending development on this mod. For those who are still after a Tutorials System, I recommend the tutorials system from invisionmodding: http://www.invisionmodding.com/index.php?showtopic=14426

Something like Ineo would be fantastic. (open source now).

I purchased Ineo and I was very disappointed when development stopped all of a sudden...

Ok, if not a compete wiki system, then perhaps an article system where it is possible to let other members (depending on category perhaps?) edit those articles.

Categories and subcategories.

Must show the number of articles in each category. Articles added to subcategories should increase a category's number of of articles (this was a problem with Ineo!).

Html enabled, attachments, the usual features.

Edited by javier

• 5 weeks later...
  • Management
Michael, have you made any decission regarding the possible development of this mod?

Sorry should of been more specific, this modification has already been made and been in here and there development for a few years now, just keep on putting off it's release. I still have a few existing mod updates planned, namely the Donation Tracker. But after that I plan on releasing some kind of beta versions of the Tutorials System. I'll post in this topic when I start.

• 2 months later...
  • Management

One thing I'm working on is integration with IP.Board attachment system. So you can add attachments to a tutorial much like you add attachments to posts.

Still keep the ideas coming, in the next few weeks I'll be posting some screenshots.

* Is it going to have wiki-like features? i.e. letting other users (depending on group permissions) edit articles and then put them in a que list until approved? to me that's a very big feature.

* Alowing html.

* Point integration? Ok, perhaps this is not really a needed feature, but if users had to "pay" points to read some articles and those points go to the person who wrote it, it would make it quite interesting...

I purchased the now defunct Ineo a couple of years ago and now I'm trying to make up my mind between this and the other article system by the other Michael. :)

Any time line for this, even if it's only an estimate?

• Management
1 Is it going to have wiki-like features? i.e. letting other users (depending on group permissions) edit articles and then put them in a que list until approved? to me that's a very big feature.

2 Alowing html.

3 Point integration? Ok, perhaps this is not really a needed feature, but if users had to "pay" points to read some articles and those points go to the person who wrote it, it would make it quite interesting...

I purchased the now defunct Ineo a couple of years ago and now I'm trying to make up my mind between this and the other article system by the other Michael. :)

Any time line for this, even if it's only an estimate?

I have no hard timeline right now as I've got so many other things going on, but I would say in the vicinity of a few months.

1. That's something I will need to think about, I'm not sure it would be wiki as such, but in terms of other user editing each others articles, that would be a permission. (Sorry I don't make any sense ;) )

2. It will follow whether a member is allowed to use html and when I say html, I'm talking about IPB supported html, some things like javascript I believe are not supported by IPB html editor.

3. As before will need to think more about this, I had a few other mods with point integration, so wouldn't be too much effort to integrate it.

Yeah understand what your saying, Ineo was definitely a good product. Was actually one of the reasons I suspended development of the Tutorials mod. The first few releases will not be able to match the amount of features Ineo had, but I'm always going to be expanding the Tutorials mod as it's something that I have a lot of ideas for.

I have seen the tutorial mod by Michael and it does look impressive. If I hadn't already started with the tutorials mod, probably wouldn't start one as the other Michael's modification seems to cover all the bases.

• 1 month later...
  • Management
Hey,

I would be interested in buying this at around $60 if it turns out good. I will also be a beta tester if you want :)

Thanks for the offer, not quite sure when beta testing will begin, it's going to be all dependent on IPB 3.0 release date. But will definitely post more info here when ready.

• 3 months later...