DevFuse Forums

[Development] Donation Tracker v2.0.0

Michael

• Management
any updates on the progress? which features will be included?

Several more days yet, you can view a rough todo list I use (excuse the spelling and grammar, this is my rough copy). Not all features can be added this version, but I'm interested in these ideas and will try to add them throughout the next version(s).

Donation Tracker v2.0.0

* look into dates so everything is exact no matter what server time or donation time is.

* After a certain amount of days (set in ACP) members are demoted to a specified group
* Ability to send a PM when a member is demoted so he/she will know that the time is passed

* Promote to (aka add) Secondary Group upon donation would be extremely nice. And an auto-remove Secondary Group after X days (like 

above) to go with it would be fantastic, too.
* Ability to show progress bar as a signature. Maybe a smaller version or something.
* Improve bar graph! look at a php generated image tag.
* a offline donation method,. where user continue through to donation like normal, but redirects back to page like normal, and sets donation to status of 0.

* show in donation with goal they donated too.
* "Who has visited the donation tracker mod", for admins only. Valuable information
* It would be very cool if you could set "No End Date" or "No Expiration" for select goals so that some goals can run forever or until they are 

achieved.

* ?possibly if a goal has been meet with 100% donations, can it be marked as achieved. 
* A place for achieved goals and donations. that are before reset dates.

* how about add a spot were u can set how many points the tracker gives at some prices like 10= 250 points
or build it to were we can add how much points to give and how much it cost

* check XHTML status of portal and main page.
* offline donation link popup doesn't work in mkportal block.
* layout fix issues : view pm link

/// Option to include the paypal fees in the status, with the option to display Gross Amount and Net Amount (deduction of paypal fees).
/// Top Donors box has been added to portal and quick donate, as well as a separate setting for top donors for main page and top donors for 

portal.
/// Top Donors box now has the option to follow the donation total reset, so you can have all time top donors or top donors since last reset.
/// New RSS feed for latest donations and latest goals.
/// FIX: If name and id is empty in Manage Donations a new text bit is displayed instead of empty box.

Nice I cannot wait, the option for where does the extra go I would agree with #1.

Also to tag along with the idea of better graphics meter!! Maybe once the meter or thermometer reaches 100% it explodes at the top and doesnt really display a level over 100% but the text continues to show what % is over??

• Management

@HAMBONE0: Thanks for your opinion, I've decided to make that option a setting, I've greatly improved the goal area of the tracker and now that's possible. I don't know if I can have an exploding graphic, but I do like your suggestion about the text not stopping at 100% and will look into changing that.

@Everyone Else: I've done a majority of the goal suggestions, including an option to mark goals that are 100% as automatically done and an option to have never ending goals. I'm finishing of the auto group demote function and will release a beta copy end of this week/early next week.

Hi there Michael. We plan to purchase this module once you release your next version, but we plan to use it for a "group buy" purpose. Any features that you can think of that might assist with that sort of application for this module would be appreciated. :)

• Management
Hi there Michael. We plan to purchase this module once you release your next version, but we plan to use it for a "group buy" purpose. Any features that you can think of that might assist with that sort of application for this module would be appreciated. :)

Could you expand on what you mean by "group buy"?

A lot of automotive forums do this regularly, and tech-related forums as well. A manufacturer agrees to provide X numbers of Product X at a discounted rate if enough people are willing to go in together and buy it. For example, they agree to sell a new Xeon headlight package for 40% off if the forum can come up with 50 people to purchase it. The money is generally held in escrow by the forum owner until the group buy has met its goal of 50 purchasers, at which point the money is sent to the manufacturer and the product is mailed to the purchasers. This 'group buy' model is done in lots of different niches, mainly automotive forums, but our niche is game software addons and we will be using it for that purpose (Publisher X agrees to sell 50 copies of a game addon at a reduced rate for our forums members).

This mod should do pretty much everything we need with just a language file edit, but if you were familiar with the concept of a 'group buy' and could add in some cool additional features to support it you would make us happy and probably sell some additional copies yourself. :) One feature that might be nice is a way to let buyers (or contributors in the current version) input some info when they buy/contribute (things like their mailing address in the case of a group buy of a physical product). Another nice option would be an export feature where the forum owner could export a list of all buyers in a certain group buy sale in csv format (along with their name/username/email/address/etc) to give to the manufacturer of the product being bought.

Does that make any sense? If not I'll try again. :)

• Management
A lot of automotive forums do this regularly, and tech-related forums as well. A manufacturer agrees to provide X numbers of Product X at a discounted rate if enough people are willing to go in together and buy it. For example, they agree to sell a new Xeon headlight package for 40% off if the forum can come up with 50 people to purchase it. The money is generally held in escrow by the forum owner until the group buy has met its goal of 50 purchasers, at which point the money is sent to the manufacturer and the product is mailed to the purchasers. This 'group buy' model is done in lots of different niches, mainly automotive forums, but our niche is game software addons and we will be using it for that purpose (Publisher X agrees to sell 50 copies of a game addon at a reduced rate for our forums members).

This mod should do pretty much everything we need with just a language file edit, but if you were familiar with the concept of a 'group buy' and could add in some cool additional features to support it you would make us happy and probably sell some additional copies yourself. :) One feature that might be nice is a way to let buyers (or contributors in the current version) input some info when they buy/contribute (things like their mailing address in the case of a group buy of a physical product). Another nice option would be an export feature where the forum owner could export a list of all buyers in a certain group buy sale in csv format (along with their name/username/email/address/etc) to give to the manufacturer of the product being bought.

Does that make any sense? If not I'll try again. :)

Thanks for the explanation, although it does sound interesting, I'm afraid I won't be heading the Tracker in that direction. This would be a good idea as a separate modification, but including it in the Tracker would be alien to the direction I want to go into. That being focusing on donations.

Suggestion...

Could the Donation Tracker be set up so that we can enable people to donate to a choice of "charities/purposes"

Ie.

For example, I'd like to be able to give people the choice to donate to one of the following...

Air Ambulance

Children's Hospital

Cancer Chairty

Etc

Obviously each one could be directed to its own PayPal account or into one, therefore each requiring its own management page (but at least we know what payment is designated to where)

This means the Donation Tracker could be used for more than one purpose at once.

Jim

• Management

The Donation Tracker v2 will have the ability to choose which goal to donate too. But as for a management page or paypal address for each goal, that would require a lot more editing and so far won't be included in the tracker.

is it possblie to add when u donate u get a star next to your name right now i have mine set up by groups and i like it so when a member keeps donaten he gets more stars to choice from and can choice the stars from the earlier donations he did witch can be changed in user control

• Management
is it possblie to add when u donate u get a star next to your name right now i have mine set up by groups and i like it so when a member keeps donaten he gets more stars to choice from and can choice the stars from the earlier donations he did witch can be changed in user control

I was unable to add this feature this version, I still have your idea recorded and will look into next update.

• Management
yeah ranking based on donation amount is a good thing..maybe an award or something..."silver coin"..."cold coin" [seen this in the VB version]..based on the amount that is donated.

Although I'm ruling out this feature this version, I still find the idea interesting and will definitely look at it next Donation Tracker version.

Thanks for everyone offering to beta test, I've now got enough people and not bearing any major problems, should have a stable version out later this week. A beta version can be viewed here: http://www.devfuse.com/forums/index.php?autocom=donate

• Management
haven't checked in, in a while. I had some crazy stuff come up the last several weeks. I am so happy to see this coming along so well.

I was wondering if this version was W3C compliant? The last version had a few errors. Nothing major by any means, but I was just curious.

Thanks for all of your hard work as usual!

IPB 2.3.x default skin and Donation Tracker will be XHTML valid. I've made several large changes to make sure of this.

• Management

Development of Donation Tracker v2.0.0 is now completed. Not all suggestions have been added, but every suggestion that was not added has been recorded and saved for later updates. I'll close this topic for now but if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.