DevFuse Forums

[Development] Donation Tracker v2.0.0

Michael

• Management

Name: Donation Tracker

Description: Component based donation tracker, that receives and tracks donations through Paypal automatically. Setup goals (expenses) and display the donation status in a percentage bar.

Product Page: http://www.devfuse.com/products/donation-tracker/

Development of Donation Tracker v2.0.0 is underway and any interested parties are invited to post ideas for this future version(s). Development of v2 will include a lot more updates then previous medium grade updates. I expect this update to take up much of March 08 and will possibly going into April if a lot of feature ideas are submitted.

No set features have been decided upon yet, but all ideas posted will be considered thoroughly.

an addon, that gives the user access to choose from icons that goes next to the users name on the board. (like in posts and all that)

The icon and amount needed for the icon would be setup in admincp.

and the user would have a link in like... my controls... that allows them to see what icons they can access and which they want to use.

• Management
* After a certain amount of days (set in ACP) members are demoted to a specified group

* Ability to send a PM when a member is demoted so he/she will know that the time is passed

Currently there is a 3rd party addon that will achieve this. I'm still looking at adding this feature as part of the Donation Tracker by default, problem is that a few people have purchased this addon, so I may need to introduce a rebate of some kind for those who have.

how about add a spot were u can set how many points the tracker gives at some prices like 10= 250 points

or build it to were we can add how much points to give and how much it cost

Currently there is a 3rd party addon that will achieve this. I'm still looking at adding this feature as part of the Donation Tracker by default, problem is that a few people have purchased this addon, so I may need to introduce a rebate of some kind for those who have.

You got any idea what and where I can get this 3rd party addon ? :blush:

No but I have some plans for my site in the furture, and that require that I can demote my users after a while.

I already have Michaels donate mod, and i love it :)

Thanks alot michael ;)

Edited by InoculateIT

Michael,

All your products are great.

My site is a reunion site so wondering if it would be possible to add the following three modifications:

Lastest Donations:

Would be nice when multiple goals are added for different projects/purposes the Lastest Donations listed for donators would have added the "Goal Name" their supporting.

Lastest Goals

By each "Goal Name" a smaller bar for tracking the goal percentage for each goal.

Mkportal Block

An option of having a horizontal block that would also have the options of either all goal percentage or individual project goals with the smaller bar tracking percentages.

- The progress bar graphic, in my opinion, does not match the quality of this great mod, so personally I'd like to see something better looking for the next version. If we could use our own graphics, that would make it even better as we could skin it, share skins for it, etc. I can't code, but surely it is possible to enter code such as "if % < 5, show 05.gif, if % < 10, show 10.gif, etc. you get the picture...

- Ability to show progress bar in signature (combined with the "default user signature", I'm pretty sure it would increase the users' awareness of the presence of a donation tracker).

- "Who has visited the donation tracker mod", for admins only. Valuable information... ;)

- Most of my users donate off-line, they don't even send me an email. The only way I can tell someone has donated is by checking my bank account. I wonder if off-line donations can be improved somewhat... although I don't have a clear suggestion here.

- Discounts for people who buy more than 1 license.

• Management

@ thedevilman: Yeah not really a graphic but basically a simulated one using different code.

The horizontal bar is made using css and the color is basically 1 color.

The vertical thermometer is a php generated image written by http://www.arkie.net/~scripts/thermometer/

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, beginning work on v2 now and will post which features are included.

how about chosing where the horizontal bar should show and where the thermometer should show? e.g. I can't have the horizontal bar on my portal because it's too wide, and it doesn't show :( so I use the thermometer instead, but thermometer is too high to put it on the index.php?act=idx page

it'd be good if I could have the thermometer on the portal and the horizontal bar on the idx page....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Going through each suggestion to evaluate its viability. One big improvement on version 2 is the ability for users to donate to a particular goal, this ties in with the ability to be able to track the status of each goals donations as well. I plan on having a small percentage bar like the main one, but for each goal, so the status of each one can be tracked.

The problem is what is going to happen to excess amounts, once a goal reaches 100% we have a few options what do you with the excess money, please get back to me on what you think it should be?

1. Once a goal reaches 100% the excess amount is redistributed to next priority goals, until each goal is 100%, once this is the case, then if there is still money left over, then the rest goes to the original goal in which the user was donating too.

2. Once a goal reaches 100% the excess amount keeps on going to that goal.

I'd go with:

1. Once a goal reaches 100% the excess amount is redistributed to next priority goals, until each goal is 100%, once this is the case, then if there is still money left over, then the rest goes to the original goal in which the user was donating too.

• Management
Agreed, of the two I prefer #1 as well.

Or if like, there could possibly be an overflow pool, too, as a possible third option. So it _could_ be something like this...

"Once a goal reaches 100% the excess amount is redistributed to next priority goals, until each goal is 100%, once this is the case, then if there is still money left over, then the rest goes to..." an overflow pool that can either be distributed to future goals -or- kept as is an left in the overflow pool.

...just another idea. ;)

A quick question about option #2. So if someone uses quick donate or chooses no specific goal, does their donation just get distributed to the top priority goal automatically?

Both quick donate and the main page would require a user to select a goal.