Welcome to DevFuse Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to DevFuse Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of DevFuse Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

(View All Products)Featured Products

• Donations

Help fund your forum with donations, setup goals and track member donations. Offer rewards for members donating.
  • Timeslips

Have your members submit their race times and share with others.
  • Videos

Allows your members to submit their own videos for community viewing. Support is included for all the major video sites.
  • Forms

Build your own forms for your members without coding experience. Support included for pm, email and topics.
  • Collections

Build a community database of items for your members. Full features custom fields included.

Photo

[Development] Donation Tracker v2.0.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

#1 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,543 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.4.x

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:45 PM

Name: Donation Tracker
Description: Component based donation tracker, that receives and tracks donations through Paypal automatically. Setup goals (expenses) and display the donation status in a percentage bar.
Product Page: http://www.devfuse.c...nation-tracker/

Development of Donation Tracker v2.0.0 is underway and any interested parties are invited to post ideas for this future version(s). Development of v2 will include a lot more updates then previous medium grade updates. I expect this update to take up much of March 08 and will possibly going into April if a lot of feature ideas are submitted.

No set features have been decided upon yet, but all ideas posted will be considered thoroughly.

#2 cinek

cinek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • IP.Board Version:N/A

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:43 AM

http://www.devfuse.c...?showtopic=1911
http://www.devfuse.c...?showtopic=1902

:P

#3 cinek

cinek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:53 PM

* After a certain amount of days (set in ACP) members are demoted to a specified group
* Ability to send a PM when a member is demoted so he/she will know that the time is passed

#4 Zod1337

Zod1337

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:11 PM

an addon, that gives the user access to choose from icons that goes next to the users name on the board. (like in posts and all that)

The icon and amount needed for the icon would be setup in admincp.

and the user would have a link in like... my controls... that allows them to see what icons they can access and which they want to use.

#5 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:14 PM

* After a certain amount of days (set in ACP) members are demoted to a specified group
* Ability to send a PM when a member is demoted so he/she will know that the time is passed

Currently there is a 3rd party addon that will achieve this. I'm still looking at adding this feature as part of the Donation Tracker by default, problem is that a few people have purchased this addon, so I may need to introduce a rebate of some kind for those who have.

#6 WilliamHey

WilliamHey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:14 AM

I see, very interesnting.

#7 Lubu

Lubu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 2.3.x

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:01 AM

how about add a spot were u can set how many points the tracker gives at some prices like 10= 250 points
or build it to were we can add how much points to give and how much it cost
Posted Image

#8 Computer Candy

Computer Candy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:10 PM

1. W3 validation. Just a few minor things come up.

2. I add my vote to the auto-demote after X days. It would be great if you could set it so that $X=X days. Kind of like the way points are determined now. It would be even cooler if you could set each separately though so that you can set bonus days for people who donate over certain amounts. (i.e. $5=30Days, $10=60Days, $15=90Days, $20=150Days) Future donations would just add to current days a member already has, although it would be good to be able to set some sort of "Maximum Days Bankable".

3. Promote to (aka add) Secondary Group upon donation would be extremely nice. And an auto-remove Secondary Group after X days (like above) to go with it would be fantastic, too.

4. It would be very cool if you could set "No End Date" or "No Expiration" for select goals so that some goals can run forever or until they are achieved.

5. And finally, it would be fantastic if you could have an option so that goals and their equal donated amounts are removed from the goal meter totals once those goals are achieved. If someone has several goals either with very long end dates or no end dates, those goals continue to display even after they are achieved if "Current Goal Total" is set to 0. It would be nice if once a goal is achieved in this scenario, that it be removed from the goal total as would the received amount since the received amount should only show in relation to current unachieved goals. To simplify goal priorities, goals could be set as "achieved" and in turn removed from the goal meter totals in priority of which have the earliest start dates. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for all your hard work!

P.S. I have also noticed that the "Top Donors" box only reflects top individual donations whereas it probably should reflect each donors accumulative donations. Some donors have given more but are not listed because their individual donations were smaller. I hope that makes sense.

Edited by thedevilman, 05 March 2008 - 02:46 PM.

#9 cinek

cinek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:49 PM

and when a mod donates, his/her secondary group should change to "vip" (the site supporter) group, not the primary......

#10 InoculateIT

InoculateIT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:59 PM

Currently there is a 3rd party addon that will achieve this. I'm still looking at adding this feature as part of the Donation Tracker by default, problem is that a few people have purchased this addon, so I may need to introduce a rebate of some kind for those who have.

You got any idea what and where I can get this 3rd party addon ? :blush:
The spelling mistakes has been inserted automatically of consideration to the people who find a great pleasure to search for it...

#11 Michael

Michael

Management

• Management
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:11 AM

You got any idea what and where I can get this 3rd party addon ? :blush:

Sure ( (T23) DevFuse Donation Tracker Addon 1.0 ): http://www.invisionb...p?showtopic=419

#12 cinek

cinek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:32 AM

lol he want's a discount hehe

Edited by cinek, 06 March 2008 - 01:32 AM.

#13 InoculateIT

InoculateIT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:49 AM

No but I have some plans for my site in the furture, and that require that I can demote my users after a while.

I already have Michaels donate mod, and i love it :)

Thanks alot michael ;)

Edited by InoculateIT, 06 March 2008 - 07:50 AM.

The spelling mistakes has been inserted automatically of consideration to the people who find a great pleasure to search for it...

#14 Lubu

Lubu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:42 AM

doesnt this mod come out today
Posted Image

#15 pre

pre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:50 PM

Michael,

All your products are great.

My site is a reunion site so wondering if it would be possible to add the following three modifications:

Lastest Donations:

Would be nice when multiple goals are added for different projects/purposes the Lastest Donations listed for donators would have added the "Goal Name" their supporting.

Lastest Goals

By each "Goal Name" a smaller bar for tracking the goal percentage for each goal.

Mkportal Block

An option of having a horizontal block that would also have the options of either all goal percentage or individual project goals with the smaller bar tracking percentages.

#16 cinek

cinek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:51 AM

doesnt this mod come out today

huh? where did you get that from :o Michael said that this would take most of March and can go into April depending on the feature requests.....

#17 Lubu

Lubu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:37 AM

i guess i read it wrong
Posted Image

#18 cinek

cinek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:04 PM

I expect this update to take up much of March 08 and will possibly going into April if a lot of feature ideas are submitted.

#19 EliteBDA

EliteBDA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • IP.Board Version:IPB 3.1.x

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:47 PM

Please add support for MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTIONS so they do not have to be added manually each month.

#20 javier

javier

Advanced Member

• Customers
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:56 PM

- The progress bar graphic, in my opinion, does not match the quality of this great mod, so personally I'd like to see something better looking for the next version. If we could use our own graphics, that would make it even better as we could skin it, share skins for it, etc. I can't code, but surely it is possible to enter code such as "if % < 5, show 05.gif, if % < 10, show 10.gif, etc. you get the picture...
- Ability to show progress bar in signature (combined with the "default user signature", I'm pretty sure it would increase the users' awareness of the presence of a donation tracker).
- "Who has visited the donation tracker mod", for admins only. Valuable information... ;)
- Most of my users donate off-line, they don't even send me an email. The only way I can tell someone has donated is by checking my bank account. I wonder if off-line donations can be improved somewhat... although I don't have a clear suggestion here.
- Discounts for people who buy more than 1 license.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users