We are pleased to announce that the public beta of IP.Download Manager 1.2.0 has been released.
Note that this public beta is only available to existing IP.Download Manager customers.
This is the second public beta release so please take a moment and read this entire announcement before downloading.
- As this is a BETA release there will be bugs and issues with the software. Please report any issues using our bug tracker. Before reporting please first quickly check to see if anyone has already reported your issue.
- Technical support is not available for public betas.
- Do not use this software on a public install. Wait for the final series for your public download manager installation.
- If you wish to test the upgrade please do so on a copy of your database. Do not perform an upgrade on your live data. We will not be able to assist you if the upgrade fails.
- You will be able to upgrade from IP.Download Manager 1.2.0 Public Beta 2 to 1.2.0 final when it is available.
- In general, only download and participate in the beta test if you are comfortable doing so.
- Estimated download times popup
- Lightbox integration for screenshots (optional)
- Reversed page titles on file information pages (SEO suggestion from James)
- When editing file, indicate that the file is still present
- Optionally add individual custom fields to auto-generated topics
- Ability to search custom fields
- AJAX-enabled progress meter for uploads (Requires PHP 5.2 and APC to be installed on the server)
- Portal plugin: random files
- Portal plugin: top downloads
- Search by title/description/both option (does not apply to soundex search method)
- Search results show the category a file is located in
- Ability to email download link
- ACP: Transfer file ownership feature
- Ability to change categories a custom field applies to from custom field management screen
- Category multi-mod (move/delete/hide/unhide)
- Comments feature updated to be more fully featured (ala Gallery)
- Store name, member id, and time of broken file report
- Updated file rating to match topic rating
- Added ability to configure which groups can link to remote files
- Added task/configuration to auto-prune logged downloads over set number of days old
- Added bulk import options (directory and zip)
- Converted to a component from a module
- General skin and source file updates to improve resource usage
- General ACP interface updates
Existing IP.Download Manager customers can login to the client area to download.
Source: Click Here