Note that this public beta is only available to existing IP.Gallery customers.
This is the first public beta release (beta one was released internally) so please take a moment and read this entire announcement before downloading.
- As this is a BETA release there will be bugs and issues with the software. Please report any issues using our bug tracker. Before reporting please first quickly check to see if anyone has already reported your issue.
- Technical support is not available for public betas.
- Do not use this software on a public install. Wait for the final series for your public galleries.
- If you wish to test the upgrade please do so on a copy of your database. Do not perform an upgrade on your live data. We will not be able to assist you if the upgrade fails.
- You will be able to upgrade from IP.Gallery 2.2.0 Beta 2 to 2.2.0 final when it is available.
- In general, only download and participate in the beta test if you are comfortable doing so.
- Use of IP.Board internal and alternative cache stores to reduce overhead
- ACP language abstraction
- IP.Gallery has been converted to a component from a module
- Redesigned ACP interfaces for managing categories, post form, and groups
- Post form fields automatically insert into the post form and image view page without manual skin edits
- Import/export of media types to allow sharing of media type codes
- Zip import capabilities for members
- Latest images honor permissions accurately / Improved recursive latest image and count handling for albums and categories
- Image dimensions display on fileview
- Slimmed templates, better use of foreach and other html logic to make skinning easier
- Added "Forum style" for album listings
- Various image listing pages use the global settings (as opposed to hard-coded 9 image display)
- Internal code overhaul - reduced queries, reduced number of queries in SQL cache files, less template files loaded
- Improved search - search capabilities expanded, search results use image listing format
- Improved full image popup options: show in new window, show in popup, use IPB attachment (Gallery 2.1) style, and lightbox integration capabilities
- Added ability for members to choose default sorting for albums when creating them, added sort options to album view
- Notification option for new comments to an image (with ability to subscribe during image submission)
- Notification options for new images in a category or album
- Control panel to manage notification options
- Ability to view more than last 10 comments (view all, 10 per page, ordered by submission date desc)
- Ability for administrators to disable private albums
- Added easy bbcode options to image view page
- Added ability to set an image as your avatar
- Redesigned image view page slightly to clean it up a little
- Added ajax controlled photostrip navigation
- Added ability to find all images by a user from the Gallery tab in profiles
- Ability to moderate albums, including move images to and from albums, hide and unhide images in albums, pin and unpin images in albums, etc.
Existing IP.Gallery customers can login to the client area to download.
Source: Click Here