This is the third release candidate release so please take a moment and read this entire announcement before downloading.
- As this is a RC release there may be bugs and issues with the software. Please report any issues using our bug tracker. Before reporting please first quickly check to see if anyone has already reported your issue.
- Technical support is not available for version 2.2 release candidates.
- Do not use this software on a public install. Wait for the final release for your public boards.
- If you wish to test the upgrade from 2.1.7 to 2.2 please do so on a copy of your database. Do not perform an upgrade on your live data. We will not be able to assist you if the upgrade fails.
- You will be able to upgrade from 2.2 RC 3 to future releases when available.
- In general, only download and participate in the release candidate testing if you are comfortable doing so.
A release candidate version of the software is an intermediary step between the beta series and the final release. The release candidate phase allows our development team to work with the software as if it were the final version but still allow for fixing issues and other items that may come up without a new release in the final version.
New in IP.Board 2.2 RC 3
The following changes have been made between RC 2 and RC 3:
- When editing a CSS file in the ACP, there is a link to view the differences between the CSS file which is ready for editing and the IPB Default 'master' CSS file.
Download IP.Board 2.2 RC 3
If you have an IP.Board License:
To download, log in to your client area. You will see the RC download information by clicking into your downloads. As stated above, technical support is not available so please only download if you are comfortable testing software.
If you have IPS Hosting:
Shared hosting customers can download by clicking into their hosting package. Forum hosting customers can also download but will not be able to install in their hosting account as Forum Hosting packages are limited to one install. Feel free to use another hosting account for this.
IP.Board 2.2 Documentation
Please feel free to download the IP.Board 2.2 documentation attached to this announcement topic. We will of course be posting this documentation on our web site once 2.2 final is released.
Download Documentation (3.2MB)
IP.Gallery 2.1.0 RC 2
The second release candidate for IP.Gallery 2.1.0 is also available in the client area. The same terms apply to the IP.Board release.
IP.Blog 1.3.0 RC 1
The first release candidate for IP.Blog 1.3.0 is also available in the client area. The same terms apply to the IP.Board release.
IPB.Download Manager 1.1.0 RC 1
The first release candidate for IPB.Download Manager 1.1.0 is also available in the client area. The same terms apply to the IP.Board release.
Source: Click Here