This is the second public beta release so please take a moment and read this entire announcement before downloading.
- As this is a BETA release there will be bugs and issues with the software. Please report any issues using our bug tracker. Before reporting please first quickly check to see if anyone has already reported your issue.
- Beta releases are encoded so we can better control the release and ensure any reported problems are code-related and not due to modifications. Please ensure you are familiar with how to install Zend or IonCube encoded PHP software. This will be the last release of version 2.2 that will be encoded.
- Technical support is not available for version 2.2 public betas.
- Do not use this software on a public install. The software will expire after October 30, 2006 and may contain issues that prevent it from operating properly. Wait for the final series for your public boards.
- If you wish to test the upgrade from 2.1.7 to 2.2 please do so on a copy of your database. Do not perform an upgrade on your live data. We will not be able to assist you if the upgrade fails.
- You will be able to upgrade from 2.2 Public Beta 2 to 2.2 RC 1 when it is available.
- In general, only download and participate in the beta test if you are comfortable doing so.
- Multiple bugs fixed that were reported from Public Beta 1
- First version of 2.1.7 to 2.2 upgrade routine is included.
- Ability for a moderator to leave a reason when they edit a post.
- Administrator can leave a note for other admins when banning a member.
- Redesigned Quick Edit and Fast Reply editors
Quick Note: The download for IP.Board 2.2 Beta 2 is rather large due to size added by encoding. The final, unencoded download will be smaller.
If you have an IPB License:
To download, log in to your client area. You will see the beta download information by clicking into your license purchase. As stated above, technical support is not available so please only download if you are comfortable beta-testing software.
If you have IPS Hosting:
Shared hosting customers can download by clicking into their hosting package. Forum hosting customers can also download but will not be able to install in their hosting account as Forum Hosting packages are limited to one install. Feel free to use another hosting account for this.
IP.Board 2.2 Documentation
Please feel free to download the IP.Board 2.2 documentation attached to this announcement topic. We will of course be posting this documentation on our web site once 2.2 final is released.
Download Documentation (3.2MB)
IP.Gallery 2.1 Public Beta 1
We have released IP.Gallery 2.1 Public Beta 1 to test along with this release. If you have, or have ever had, an IP.Gallery license you can download this beta release from your client area.
- Ability to group albums in the "Member's Category" by username
- Support for Exif and IPTC meta data
- Ratings now use AJAX
- Added MPG, Flash, and AVI display codes into base release
- Added ability for user's to upload thumbnails with non-default file types (i.e. wmv, mpg, etc.)
- Member's Category is now managed like any other category, with one additional setting
- Complete redesign of image view page
- Fast reply available even when there are no existing comments
- Updated 'Forum' and 'Gallery' style layouts - general skin cleanup
- Signatures in comments updated to parse custom bbcode
- Proper category recursion - submitting images to albums and subcategories will now update the parent(s)
- Support for 'Category Markers' - image indicators to show if there are any new images
- Animated GIF issue corrected
- Ability not to delete images from current directory during bulk import from the ACP
- 'My Albums' link (ala My Blog) in IPB member bar
- Rewritten orphan scanner to mirror IPB's better
- Centralized processing to ensure settings are honored throughout the system
- Conversion to the IPB email class - better support for HTML, attachments, and other language sets
- Clicking an image now brings you to the image page, rather than the category page
- Last X comments page now supports pagination
- Removal of 5 image limit in search results (with pagination support)
- Ratings show total # of votes and your vote after you have rated an image
- Added a better wrapper on medium sized images to make it clearer you can click them for full sized images
- Proper breadcrumb support for albums in categories
- Setting to block guests from reporting images and comments
- Numerous bug fixes, code optimizations, and code centralization
IP.Blog 1.3 Public Beta 1
We have released IP. Blog 1.3 Public Beta 1 to test along with this release. If you have, or have ever had, an IP.Blog license you can download this beta release from your client area.
- Trackback moderation (mod queue, delete trackbacks)
- Trackback spam protection (heuristics)
- Ping Blog Services on new post (weblogs.com, blo.gs, ping-o-matic, technorati)
- XML-RPC interface (Blogger API, Metaweblog API)
- CAPTCHA support for guest comments
- Personal portal plugin (Blog API interface)
- New Installer / Upgrader
- Make use of the new IPB RTE Editor
- Moved attachments to new IPB attachment management
- Cache view update (performance)
- Cleaned up code
- Override guest permissions for RSS feeds
- Show errors inside RSS feed
- Ability to change Blog rating
- AdminCP interface upgraded to IPB 2.2 interface
Source: Click Here