This is the first public beta release so please take a moment and read this entire announcement before downloading.
- As this is a BETA release there will be bugs and issues with the software. Please report any issues using our bug tracker. Before reporting please first quickly check to see if anyone has already reported your issue.
- This first public beta is encoded using Zend or IonCube. Beta releases are encoded so we can better control the release and ensure any reported problems are code-related and not due to modifications. Please ensure you are familiar with how to install Zend or IonCube encoded PHP software.
- Technical support is not available for version 2.2 public beta.
- Do not use this software on a public install. The software will expire after October 15, 2006 and may contain issues that prevent it from operating properly. Wait for the final series for your public boards.
- There will be no upgrade path between beta versions.
- You cannot (and should not try to) upgrade from previous versions of the software.
- In general, only download and participate in the beta test if you are comfortable doing so.
- Friends List: Reciprocal Adding. When approving friends you can choose between "Approve & Add to my list" and "Approve Only".
- Friends List: Mutual Friends List: View who you've added and who's added you.
- Profile: Profile View Counter
- Profile: Ability to set the number of last visitors, comments and friends in the sidebar
- Profile: Ability to use basic BBCode for formatting the personal statement
- Member List: Ability to sort member list by profile views.
Quick Note: The download for IP.Board 2.2 Beta 1 is rather large due to size added by encoding. The final, unencoded download will be smaller.
If you have an IPB License:
To download, log in to your client area. You will see the beta download information by clicking into your license purchase. As stated above, technical support is not available so please only download if you are comfortable beta-testing software.
If you have IPS Hosting:
Shared hosting customers can download by clicking into their hosting package. Forum hosting customers can also download but will not be able to install in their hosting account as Forum Hosting packages are limited to one install. Feel free to use another hosting account for this.
IP.Board 2.2 Documentation
Please feel free to download the IP.Board 2.2 documentation attached to this announcement topic. We will of course be posting this documentation on our web site once 2.2 final is released.
Download Documentation (3.2MB)
IP.Gallery and IP.Blog Updates
The IP.Board 2.2 compatible beta versions of IP.Gallery and IP.Blog will be released next week to allow for testing with IP.Board. They are not included in this release, allowing us to identify any IP.Board specific issues prior to introduction of the components
Source: Click Here