DevFuse Forums

Donation Addon Question

pctoolbin

I am probably doing something wrong/silly.....but when someone donates, they are generally part of the "Regular Users" group.....(although we do have some admins who donate).....what I want to do is this:

1. If a regular user donates, I want their primary group to be donor, but I want their secondary group to be Regular User even if there's already a secondary group (we have an adult section to our site where there's a group for that as well).

2. If an admin, I just need "Donor" added as a secondary group

How do I be sure to make this happen without losing any secondary groups?

Edited by pctoolbin

• Management

That screenshot is not loading for me. But I take it the gist of what your trying to do is have 2 separate group promotions dependent on the original group of the donor. That's currently not possible and not likely to be added in the near future.

If your willing to add some file edits, it should be possible to setup 2 different rewards options and then force it to choose either dependent on which group the member is in. Will need to manually modify the files each update however until this is added as a core feature.

I am willing to do file edits, no problem.  My primary desire is for "Regular Users" to be promoted to "Donors" but still retain "Regular User" as a secondary group.  

We don't have so many admins that I can manually do their group modifications by hand if they donate.....(my second Request above in the OP -- which isn't necessary so you can ignore that one)

• Management

I am willing to do file edits, no problem.  My primary desire is for "Regular Users" to be promoted to "Donors" but still retain "Regular User" as a secondary group.  

We don't have so many admins that I can manually do their group modifications by hand if they donate.....(my second Request above in the OP -- which isn't necessary so you can ignore that one)

Well if that's the case, you can set it to exclude the admin group. So set the following settings as such:

Primary Group = Donors

Primary Group Exclude = Select admin groups

Secondary Groups = "Regular User"

That way the normal user groups will be upgraded to Donors group with regular users still set as their secondary groups. Admins would be excluded from any upgrades and would needed to be upgraded manually.